This simple color blocked crochet blanket pattern featuring fun stripes is extremely easy to make which makes it perfect for beginners. I decided on using double crochets throughout the entire blanket because I love quick projects and I knew that using just one stitch would make it work up so much faster!
Can anyone else relate? 🙂
I love the fact that when I needed to put it down and pick it back up I didn’t have to worry about what stitch I was on and could just keep double crocheting along.
For my whole blanket I used my favorite yarn, Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in Dusty Blue, Charcoal Gray and Linen. The colors go so well together and are pretty neutral color palette which is just my taste! But feel free to make this blanket in any color you choose!
If you would like to make this for yourself just follow along with my crochet pattern below.
SIMPLE COLOR BLOCKED CROCHET BLANKET
- Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in Dusty Blue, and Charcoal Gray and Linen. The exact amount needed will depend on the size blanket you wish to make or you can use any worsted weight (4) yarn.
- Size J Crochet Hook 6.00 mm
- Yarn needle
- Just keep crocheting until your first color is finished, then change colors.
- If you need help changing colors here is a tutorial.. CHANGING COLORS IN CROCHET TUTORIAL
- Chain 120 with your first color of choice.
- ROW 1: In the 3rd chain from hook double crochet, double crochet across until the end of the row, turn. (118)
- ROW 2: Chain 2, double crochet in first stitch, double crochet in every st across, turn. (118)
- ROW 3 – desired length: Repeat Row 2. (118)
- I also did a border of single crochets with 3 single crochets in each corner along the outside with the charcoal gray color but that is optional.
- Fasten off and weave in loose ends with a yarn needle.
YOU ARE DONE!!!
If you have any questions about this simple color blocked crochet blanket, please feel free to ask! To finish this blanket you may need..