This Simple Color Blocked Crochet Blanket Pattern is the perfect beginner project tutorial to tackle. If you love making afghans and blankets this this simple crochet pattern is for you! I promise you can learn how to make an easy blanket with my free pattern! Read on down to find the color block crochet blanket tutorial & pattern.
I recently finished a crochet Three Striped Blanket for my living room couch and still being inspired I attempted to make something similar for son Sam’s bedroom. I used Red Heart Soft Yarn for the whole blanket and let Sam pick out the colors. I think he did a pretty good job on his color choices. I love how this throw turned out and how much he enjoys using it.
I promise if you are new to crochet then this easy blanket is for you! The best thing about this simple beginner blanket is that it works up so fast and uses only single crochets throughout! Single crochets are the perfect stitch to use when first starting a crochet journey.
Ready to get started? Read on down to find the full, free throw pattern! Enjoy and Happy Crochet Blanket Making! 🙂
COLOR BLOCKED CROCHET BLANKET PATTERN
- Size H Crochet Hook 5.00 mm
- Yarn needle (to weave in ends)
- 4 Skeins of Red Heart Soft Yarn
- Here is a tutorial for changing colors in crochet if needed.
- When you’re ready to change colors pull up the first loop for a single crochet in the old color, then pull the new color through the last two loops to complete that single crochet, it’s that easy.
- Finished Size is Approximately 50″ x 25″
- To change sizes simply chain any # starting chain.
Single crochet in the top loop of the second chain from the hook and in each chain across for a total of 80 stitches. Turn
Chain 1, Single crochet in each stitch across.Turn.
Repeat Row 2 until you reach desired length.
Cut yarn & weave the cut ends back and forth through the last row of stitching.
If you love this project, I am always pinning crochet projects and tutorials from the internet. Check out my Pinterest board for even more crochet patterns by clicking HERE! If you have any questions about this simple color blocked crochet blanket pattern, please feel free to ask!