This Simple Color Blocked Crochet Blanket Pattern is the perfect beginner project tutorial to tackle. Learn how to make this easy blanket with my free crochet tutorial below!
I recently finished a crochet Three Striped Blanket for my living room couch and still being inspired I attempted to make something similar for son Sam’s bedroom. I used Red Heart Soft Yarn for the whole blanket and let Sam pick out the colors.
This simple beginner blanket works up so fast and uses only single crochets throughout! Ready to get started? Read on down to find the full, free pattern! Enjoy! 🙂
COLOR BLOCKED CROCHET BLANKET PATTERN
- Size H Crochet Hook
- 4 Skeins of Red Heart Soft Yarn
- Red Heart Soft Yarn, Teal
- Red Heart Soft Yarn, Turquoise
- Red Heart Soft Yarn, Tangerine
- Red Heart Soft Yarn, Light Gray Heather
- Here is a tutorial for changing colors in crochet if needed.
- When you’re ready to change colors pull up the first loop for a single crochet in the old color, then pull the new color through the last two loops to complete that single crochet, it’s that easy.
- Finished Size is Approximately 50″ x 25″
- Chain 81
- Row 1 – Single crochet in the top loop of the second chain from the hook and in each chain across for a total of 80 stitches. Turn
- Row 2 – Chain 1, Single crochet in each stitch across.Turn.
- Repeat Row 2 until you reach desired length.
- Cut yarn & weave the cut ends back and forth through the last row of stitching.
If you love this project, I am always pinning crochet projects and tutorials from the internet.
Check it out my Pinterest board for even more crochet patterns by clicking HERE! If you have any questions about this simple color blocked crochet blanket pattern, please feel free to ask!