My middle son Alex has an obsession with Minecraft so I decided to crochet him up this striped chunky crochet blanket to match his gaming obsessions.
We recently had his 6th birthday (so sad.. They grow up way to fast!!) party in a Minecraft theme and you can read my post about that HERE if you are interested!
He has been begging me about making him a blanket since he saw the color blocked blanket that I made for Sammy. As soon as he asked I knew what we were going to go with… Minecraft. (Of course)!!
We made a trip to Michael’s so he could pick out some yarn since he is the master at Minecraft and knew exactly what colors he wanted!! He went with Red Heart Soft Yarn in Black, Light Heather Gray, Guacamole, Chocolate and Dark Leaf.
To get the chunky effect I used two skeins of yarn and just them together as I worked. This is an important part so you get the chunky soft feel!
STRIPED CHUNKY CROCHET BLANKET PATTERN
- Size N 10 mm Crochet Hook
- Red Heart Soft Yarn in Black (4 Balls), Chocolate (2 Balls), Light Heather Gray (1 Ball), Leaf (1 Ball), Guacomole (1 Ball)
- Yarn needle
- Row 1 – Hold two skeins of your choice together chain 101 stitches. Single crochet in the top loop of the second chain from the hook and in each chain across for a total of 100 stitches. Turn
- Row 2 – Chain 1 stitch. Single crochet in each stitch across. Turn. Repeat this step until the color block is the desired length. When you’re ready to change colors all you have to do is pull up the first loop for a single crochet in the old colors, then pull the new colors through the last four loops to complete that single crochet, it’s that easy.
- Repeat Row 2 until you reach desired length. Cut yarn. To finish off, weave the cut yarn back and forth through the last row of stitching.
- Border- Double crochet around outside of blanket in your choice of color to complete your project.
I think A approves…
I hope you enjoy making this striped chunky crochet blanket and if you want more inspiration, follow me on Pinterest. I am always pinning ideas for projects I find on the internet and tutorials. You can also find me on Facebook too!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE