I am ecstatic to share this pattern with you all! This particular flower is actually a combination of two different flowers giving it a really cool layered look. Keep on reading to find details on materials you will need and a step by step tutorial.
Since this spring flower is super easy to whip up, you will be done in no time and ready to tackle another project. Check out the back issues to keep yourself busy after this. I made this in less than 20 minutes and love how it turned out so that means I am definitely going to be making many more! I NEED to experiment with color palettes!! (I’m obsessive… only with yarn though…LOL!!)
- DC= Double Crochet
- TR= Triple Crochet
- CH= Chain
- ST= Stitch
- SL ST= Slip Stitch
- HDC= Half Double Crochet
- Yarn: Cotton Yarn ( I used Lily Sugar’ n Cream Yarn in Hot Blue, Cream,and Sunshine)
- Crochet Hook: USG6/4.00MM
- Yarn Needle
- ROUND 1: CH 5, join to form a ring with a SL ST in first CH, CH 2, 11 HDC in ring, join in 2nd CH of beginning CH 2.
- ROUND 2: CH 2 , 3 DC in next ST, CH 2 SL ST in next ST Repeat 6 times. fasten off (you should have 6 petals)
- ROUND 1: CH 5, join to form a ring with a SL ST in first CH,CH3,11 DC in ring, join in 2nd CH of beginning CH 3.
- ROUND 2: CH 3, 4 TR in next ST, repeat 6 times, Fasten off (you should have 6 petals again!!)
- ROUND 3: Flip over flower to the back side, join the hot blue yarn in front loop of any SL ST. SL ST in front loop of each ST, and CH around, join in beginning SL ST. Fasten off.
- Make sure to weave in all loose ends with the yarn needle. Put the white flower on top of the yellow flower and attach button to center of flower layers.
(I used a vintage button I found at a local craft store but you can use any kind you like!!)
I hope you had fun making this and if you have any questions or concerns please email me (you can find my email link in sidebar) or leave me a comment.
Thanks for looking!!!