I knew when I saw this Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn I knew that it was going to be perfect for a crochet baby blanket! This Sea Soft Baby blanket pattern is extremely simple and works up super fast! A great beginner project!
When working with the Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn I found that single crochets were the best to use. A bigger crochet stitch could leave holes in the blanket that little fingers could slip through and not be as warm. Plus single crochets are super easy to crochet up right! 🙂
I chose to use the color Little Cosmos in the Bernat Baby Blanket line because of the mixture of blues, browns and creams. If you prefer a different color Yarnspirations the parent company of Bernat has many beautiful colors to choose from. You won’t be disappointed! Ready to get started on this beginner friendly blanket, then read on down to find the full crochet baby blanket pattern below or save to Pinterest to make later!
CROCHET BABY BLANKET PATTERN
- Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn in Little Cosmos (Approximately 258 Yards) or any Bulky Yarn (6).
- Size N Crochet Hook 10 mm
- Yarn Needle
- Approximately 26″ X 20″
- Gauge is approximately 5 SC = 4 Inches
- Foundation Row: Chain 48. In Second Chain from Hook Single Crochet, Single Crochet in every chain across, Turn.
- Row 1: Chain 1, Single Crochet in Second Chain from hook. Single Crochet in every Chain across, Turn.
- Row 2: Chain 1, Single Crochet into first stitch, Single Crochet into every Stitch across, Turn.
- Row 3-35: Repeat Row 2.
- Finishing: Fasten off yarn after Row 35 and weave in loose ends with a yarn needle.
YOU ARE DONE!
I gifted this to my sister for my nephew at the time I wrote this post and still 3 years later (June 2017) it is holding up great for baby number two! So I can guarantee that it will last for years to come! Promise! 🙂
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed this free baby blanket pattern! Are you looking for me free crochet baby blanket patterns? Then you may also like the Charlotte Crochet Blanket or the Baby Ripple Blanket patterns too! If you would like more FREE crochet patterns follow me over on Pinterest (I pin daily!)