The sand stitch is a great project to showcase yarn colors that are bold and scream for attention!. If you love the use of color in projects then you will definitely enjoy this fun stitch! Keep on scrolling down to find the tutorial for the Sand Stitch! 🙂
For my example sand stitch swatch I used 3 different color yarns in my tutorial and will refer to them as A, B and C. Thinking you can’t do this.. well this tutorial is a perfect project for beginners! Once you get the hang of this simple stitch your project comes together extremely quick. Promise!
SAND STITCH TUTORIAL
- Advanced beginner
- Crochet Hook that corresponds to the yarn that is being used.
- I used a worsted weight yarn Lion Brand Yarn ,Vanna’s Choice.
- Make sure to have 3 different color yarns
- Yarn Needle
- If you need help changing colors HERE is a tutorial.
- To start chain an even number of stitches. I chose to do 16 for the purpose of this tutorial
- Foundation Row: With Color A, Single Crochet in 4th Chain from Hook (that will count as your first Single Crochet, Chain 1 grouping) *Chain 1, Skip Next Chain, 1 Single Crochet in next Chain, Repeat from * Across, Turn, Change Colors Here to B.
Row 1: With B, Chain 2 (that will count as your first Single Crochet, Chain 1 grouping), skip first Single Crochet (from previous row), * 1 Single Crochet in next Chain 1 Space (from previous row), Chain 1, Skip next Single Crochet (from previous row) Repeat from * Across. Ending with 1 Single Crochet in Chain 1 space of turning chain, Turn. Change to Color C.
- Repeat Row 1 with Color C
- To continue pattern Repeat Row 1, Switching Between A, B and C Yarns. Remember to carry yarn loosely up sides.
PS: I am always pinning crochet projects and tutorials from the Internet on Pinterest so please come check me out by following me HERE and If you have any questions feel free to email me or message me on Facebook. I am always willing to help in any way!