Some of you may remember when I made this crochet hat pattern earlier in the fall in a creme color. I was asked to make one in black for an order and I’m pretty sure I love it even more in this color.
Sometimes most of the time black yarn is pretty hard to crochet with. This black crochet hat pattern will work up fast and there shouldn’t be to many screams because black yarn is used. At least I hope not. Read on down for the easy and free crochet hat pattern.
Black is a little harder to crochet with because it is not as easy to see what stitches are being worked into. But sometimes the hassle is worth it because this color almost always makes for a beautiful hat!Make this Chunky Button Crochet Hat Today! Click To Tweet
If you are ready to make this free crochet hat pattern for yourself, then read on down to find the FREE tutorial!
Happy Crocheting Friends!
Chunky Crochet Black Button Hat Pattern
- Bulky Yarn (6) in Black
- Size N Crochet Hook 9.00 MM
- Button (I used these Brown Coconut Shell Buttons.)
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch Marker
- The finished size of this hat has a 20″ circumference & 7.75″ length
- Fits a Older Child
- The SL ST’s in each round do not count as a stitch. (Skip it)
- Move up the stitch marker at the beginning of every round (It’s easier to keep track of your rounds this way)
CROCHET HAT PATTERN
- ROUND 1: Start with a magic circle. CH 1,11 DC in circle, SL ST to top of first DC (11DC)
- ROUND 2: 2 DC in every ST around (22 DC), SL ST to top of first DC from previous round
- ROUND 3: DC in first ST, *2 DC in next St, DC in next stitch, Repeat from * around. SL ST to top of first DC from previous round (33 DC)
- ROUND 4: DC in each ST Around, SL ST to top of first DC from previous round (33 DC)
- ROUND 5: REPEAT ROUND 4
- ROUND 6: REPEAT ROUND 4
- ROUND 7: REPEAT ROUND 4
- ROUND 8: SC in each ST around, SL ST to top of first ST from previous round (33 DC)
- ROUND 9: REPEAT 8
- ROUND 10: REPEAT 8, Fasten Off
- ROUND 1: Magic Circle, 10 SC in Circle, SL ST to first SC
- ROUND 2: CH 2 , 2 DC in same ST, *SL ST in next ST, 3 DC in next ST. Repeat for a total of 5 Petals. SL ST,Fasten off leaving tail for weaving in.
- Attach button to center of flower with Yarn.
- Weave ends into hat with Yarn needle.
- Attach flower to hat with Yarn needle.
YOU ARE DONE!!
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed this chunky button hat. I am always pinning FREE crochet projects and tutorials on Pinterest so please come check me out by following me HERE or you could also follow along with me on Facebook.
Thanks for Looking and Happy Crocheting!
PS: This post contains affiliate links. Your support means that I can continue to offer free patterns. Also, you may sell items made from my patterns but please link back to me in your post. Thank You!! 🙂