I just finished this cute bear hat crochet pattern for my new nephew and couldn’t wait to share just how adorable it really is!
When designing this baby bear hat I decided to use Heartland yarn from Lion Brand because of how soft it is! I thought it would be perfect for a little one! Don’t you agree? 🙂 This hat is would be great for beginner crocheters to try since it only uses single and double crochets throughout the entire pattern. I promise if you are a new crocheter, you can do this!
Ready to get started? Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the pattern and have fun!
BEAR CROCHET HAT PATTERN
- Crochet Hook Size J 6.00mm
- Worsted Weight Yarn (4)
- Yarn Needle
- Finished Size Approximately Fits a 3 Month Old
- 16 Inch Circumference and 6 Inch Length
- The Slip Stitches in each round do not count as a stitch. (Skip them)
- Round 1: Chain 2, 10 Double Crochets in 2nd Chain from Hook. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (10)
- Round 2: 2 Double Crochets in Each Stitch Around. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (20)
- Round 3: 2 Double Crochets in Each Stitch Around. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (40)
- Round 4: 1 Double Crochet in each Chain around. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (40)
- Round 5-9: Repeat Round 4
- Round 10: Single Crochet Around Slip Stitch to top of first Single Crochet (40)
- Round 11: Single Crochet Around Slip Stitch to top of first Single Crochet (40)
- Fasten Off and Weave in Loose ends throughout Hat with Yarn Needle
EARS: (Make 2)
- Chain 2, 8 Double Crochets in 2nd Chain from hook. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet,
- Single Crochet around in each Chain (8 total Single Crochets) Slip Stitch to top of First Single Crochet
- Fasten off, leaving long tail of yarn for sewing on ears.
- Next, you will need to sew on the ears with a yarn needle and weave in all the ends.
- You can put the ears on the hat where you choose to.
- YOU ARE DONE!!
That’s it! The baby bear crochet hat pattern is now complete! This really is a quick and easy crochet baby hat pattern!
If you are looking for other crochet hats for beginners then click here to explore my free crochet patterns!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…