I love crochet slouchy hats this fall and wanted to share this simple project I made using an awesome pattern from a fellow blogger. I followed this pattern for a Double Crochet Hat from Oombawka Design in the Womens size. It was super easy to follow and worked up beautifully! <3
I used a size J crochet hook instead of an I and also pulled the slip stitches a bit tighter on the last round. I wanted it to have a slight grip since the hat was made a little bigger and looser than what the original pattern called for.
Scroll on down to find the free crochet slouch pattern!
Happy Crocheting Friends!
CROCHET SLOUCHY POM POM HAT
- Size J Crochet Hook
- I used 1 ball of medium worsted weight yarn from Lion Brand, specifically Vanna’s Choice Yarn Oatmeal .
- Yarn Needle
- Pom Pom (I made mine using the Clover Large Pom Pom Maker)
- Double Crochet Hat From Oombawka Design
- After you follow the pattern, make a pom pom using either the Clover Large Pom Pom Maker or a homemade one using a tutorial like this from You Tube.
- Make sure to leave a long tail of yarn for attaching your pom pom to the hat.
- Attach pom pom to the hat with yarn needle securely and weave it loose ends.
YOU ARE DONE!!
If you are interested in making more hats just like this crochet slouchy pom pom hat here are a few of my FREE original designs to try out Crochet Chunky Flower Button Hat Pattern or my Bear Crochet Hat Pattern