The most popular crochet pattern so far on my blog is my Neutral Chevron Blanket that I designed a few months ago. The blankets colors are really natural looking and is the perfect accessory to match any decor. Well to mix it up a little bit I redid this same blanket in some fun colors to create the colorful chevron blanket! I hope you like it! Scroll on down to see all the fun pictures!
Elise and I decided to redesign it with bright fun colors of her choosing (she is my official creative director) and make it a little bigger. Please feel free to crochet along with me as a I work on it and share updates. I hope you all like it!!
- 3 balls each of Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice Yarn in Mustard, Kelly Green, Purple, and Charcoal , Linen (not shown yet).
- 6.00 mm Crochet Hook Size J
- Yarn needle
- If you would like to make this blanket smaller or larger start with a beginning chain that is a multiple of 17. For Example: 17, 34, 51, 68, 85, 102, 119, 136, 153, 170, 187, 204, 221, 238, 255, 272, 289, 306, 323, 340. Then add on an additional 16 stitches to which ever length you choose.
- remember to always Ch 1 at the start of each row.
COLORFUL CHEVRON BLANKET PATTERN
- Start with a begining chain of 169 with Charcoal
- Row 1: working in both loops (in second chain from hook) sc2tog, 1 sc in each of next 5 st, sc 3 times in next st, *1 sc in next 7 st, skip next 2 st, 1 sc in next 7 st, sc 3 times in next st. Repeat from * across until you are left with 2 st then sc those last two remaining stitches together (aka sc2tog), turn.
- Row 2-11: Ch 1, repeat row 1
- Change Color here to Mustard. (If you need help changing colors HERE is a tutorial). Ch1, Repeat Row 1 until 11 rows are reached.
- Change Color to Kelly Green and Ch 1, Repeat Row 1 for 11 Rows.
- Change Color to Purple and Ch 1, Repeat Row 1 for 11 Rows.
- Change Color to Linen and Ch 1 Repeat Row 1 for 11 Rows.
Repeat color pattern until you reach your desired length. 11 Rows takes approximately 1 skein of Yarn and I plan on using 3 skeins of each Colors for a total of 15 Color Blocked Rows. I may make it bigger once I get to the end of 15 Skeins so that part is up for debate.
When you are done crocheting your entire blanket weave in all the ends with a yarn needle. Yeah!! OK that was sarcastic and this is definitely the worst part of making a blanket!! But, you can do it!! Now you are Done!!! Yeah!! That was one was real this time!! 🙂