This color blocked scarf is super simple to crochet and perfect for beginners!! So if you are new to crochet don’t worry you can definitely do this one!! Pick up your crochet hook and let’s get started!
- Worsted Weight Yarn (4) ; 4 different colors, < 1 skein of each color.
- I used Red Heart Soft Yarn in deep sea, grape, off-white and Lion Brand Heartland Yarn, in sequoia.
- Crochet hook Size J 6.00 mm ⇒ Find one here ⇒ Crochet Hooks on Amazon
- Yarn Needle
- Gauge is 6 stitches for every 2 inches
- knowledge of how to change colors in crochet will be needed for this project and a tutorial can be found here..
- knowledge of how to crochet in the back loop will be needed for this project and a tutorial can be found here.
- To start: chain 25 with sequoia (brown)
- Row 1: In second chain from hook half double crochet (hdc), hdc in remaining chains across. chain 1, turn (24 hdc)
- Row 2: hdc in 2nd chain from hook in the back loop, hdc in the back loops in every stitch across , chain 1, turn (24 hdc)
- Row 3 & 4: repeat row 2
- Row 5: change color (refer to tutorial linked to above if help is needed with this) to deep sea and repeat row 2.
- Row 6-12: repeat row 2
- Row 13 change color to grape and repeat row 2
- Row 14-20 repeat row 2
- Row 21: change color to off white and repeat row 2
- Row 22-73: repeat row 2
- Row 74: change color to grape, repeat row 2.
- Row 75-81 repeat row 2
- Row 82: change color to deep sea, repeat row 2.
- Row 83-89: repeat row 2
- Row 90: change color to sequoia, repeat row 2.
- Row 91-93: repeat row 2
- To finish chain 1, hold 2 ends of scarf together do 24 slip stitches across to join ends together. Fasten off and weave in ends throughout.
You are done!!!
Finished size is approximately a 60″ circumference and 7″ width. This scarf is extra long and can easily be wrapped around your neck twice. This is my favorite scarf since it is not all one color (like most of the ones I keep for myself) and it is super soft. You can even see it hanging in my recent blog post about my Office Makeover. Read about my “Office Redo & Yarn Storage Reveal” here.
Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!! If you have any questions feel free to email me or leave a comment.