The adjustable crochet scarf is the perfect crochet design to keep you cozy warm on those cool, crisp winter days ahead with his versatile design! Read on down for the full, FREE crochet scarf pattern!
I love chevron patterns and was inspired to make this Chevron scarf, after I designed my crochet chevron blanket earlier this year. I wanted this crochet scarf to be a little different and fun, so I designed it to have a pull through space so it would be easy to adjust the fit.
How many times while wearing a scarf does it move, get tight around your neck and just feel plain uncomfortable? This chevron designed scarf fixes that problem with its adjustable fit!
I used Lion Brand Yarn Hometown USA yarn in Tweed which is a chunky yarn that has a soft texture which makes it perfect for a crochet scarf! You could use any chunky (6) yarn like Lion Brand Thick & Quick or even Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn to make your scarf extra warm & thick! If you are ready to make this chunky chevron crochet scarf, then read on down to get the full, FREE crochet pattern below.
Adjustable Crochet Scarf
- 2 balls of Lion Brand Yarn Hometown USA Yarn, Tweed
- Size N Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- ch= Chain
- sc= Single Crochet
- st= Stitch
- sc2tog = Single Crochet Two Together
- sl st = Slip Stitch
- Click here to add to Ravelry
- Finished size is approximately a 42 inch circumference and an 8 inch width.
- Chain 16
- Row 1: Working in both loops (in second ch from hook) sc2tog, 1 sc in each of next 5 ch’s, sc 3 times in next ch, 1 sc next 5 ch , sc the last two remaining chains together. (aka sc2tog) turn.
- Row 2: Ch 1, starting in first st sc2tog, 1 sc in each of next 5 st’s, sc 3 times in next st, 1 sc in next 5 st’s, sc the last two remainging st’s together, turn.
- Row 3-30: Repeat row 2
- Do not fasten off. ch 1 and sc down long side of your crochet scarf until you get to first point. sc together the two points (this forms your loop that you will pull the scarf through eventually) and continue to sc up the long side of scarf to point and down. sl st to top of first sc and now you can fasten off. Weave in ends with yarn needle.
YOU ARE DONE!
If you enjoyed this adjustable scarf pattern then you may also like ….