I am ecstatic to be finally able to share what I have been working on for a while! The cabled chunky crochet cowl is a cowl that has amazing texture on the front side (created by the cables).. serious chunkiness!! Meanwhile the stitch from the front creates an interesting design on the back which means its so versatile that it could be worn both ways! Want to make one? Read on down to find the full free pattern! 🙂
To make my crochet cowl I used Wool spun from Lion Brand Yarn in Orchid which is an amazing heathered fuchsia pink color. Reminds you of spring right?? I think this is my new favorite color!
CABLED CHUNKY CROCHET COWL
- Size N crochet hook (9.00mm)
- Bulky weight category 5 yarn; approx. 380 yards of Woolspun Lion Pride Lion Brand Yarn (I used orchid) or any bulky yarn
- Yarn needle
- ch= chain
- dc= double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- st= stitch
- fpdc = front post double crochet
- Finished Size is approximately 60 inch circumference & 7 inch width.
- Gauge is not important in this project.
- Fpdc will create the cabled look.
- ch 104, join last chain to first chain with a sl st to form a circle making sure not to twist.
- Round 1: ch 2, dc in next st, ch 1, *dc, dc, skip 1 st, ch 1, repeat from * around, end with 1 ch and 1 skipped st, sl st to top of first dc (not ch 2)
- Round 2: ch 2, dc in next st, * dc in skip stitch from round below, fpdc once around next 2 dc’s from round below, repeat from * around ending with 1 dc in row below, sl st to top of first dc (not ch 2).
- Round 3: repeat round 1
- Round 4: repeat round 2
- Round 5: repeat round 1
- Round 6: repeat round 2
- Round 7: repeat round 1
- Round 8: repeat round 2
- Round 9: repeat round 1
- Round 10: repeat round 2
- Fasten off, cut yarn and weave in loose ends throughout scarf with yarn needle.
(See the awesome second design on the backside of this scarf??) Don’t forget to check out some of my other scarf patterns (free ones!!). Like the Pull Through Adjustable Scarf shown below. 🙂
I hope you enjoy making this cabled chunky crochet cowl and If you have any questions please feel free to contact me on my Pinterest page!!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE