This chained crochet headband will be the perfect way to stay warm in the chilly winter months along with sipping on hot cocoa! This project is quick, easy and would be perfect to give as a gift! If you are ready to make this chained headband, then read on down for the full, FREE crochet pattern!
This crochet headband pattern is part of a larger list of awesome designs that were released this month called Project Crochet!
(You can find the links to all their projects at the bottom of this post)
My chained crochet headband pattern or ear warmer depending on what you prefer to call it is a simple pattern that takes little time to make. When deciding on what yarn to use I choose one of my favorites Lion Brand Woolspun because it’s soft, easy to work with and comes in a variety of beautiful colors!
Plus, as a bonus, there is enough yarn in each skein that you can make at least 2 headbands out of it! It’s a Win Win!
This pattern is extremely simple to make because I only used the half double crochet stitch and it makes this headband work up pretty fast! The simple stitches also make it a great beginner friendly project!!
I think it would be a perfect pattern to start with for someone who is just learning how to crochet!
If you think you are ready to make this headband, then keep on scrolling on down to find the FREE pattern and photo tutorial! You can even add to Ravelry to save so you can make it later!
CROCHET CHAINED EAR WARMER
- crochet hook size J
- 40 yards of Lions brand WoolSpun in Linen or any bulky yarn (5)
- yarn needle
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch = chain
- rep = repeat
- st = stitch
- bl = back loop
- written for an adult (fits a 20-22″ circumference when finished) and has a 4″ width, but can easily be customized for any size by subtracting or adding any # of stitches.
- 8 stitches for every 4 inches – gauge is very important for proper sizing
- Learn more about what gauge is and why it is so important here.
Crochet Headband Pattern
Round 1: ch 44, sl st to first ch forming a circle making sure not to twist ch.
Round 2: ch 1, hdc in every st around (44), sl st to the top of first hdc NOT the ch1
Round 3: ch 1, sc in every st around in the bl only (44), sl st to to the top of first sc, not ch 1.
Round 4: rep round 2.
Round 5: rep round 3.
Round 6: rep round 2.
Round 7: rep round 3
Round 8: rep round 2. do not fasten off.
Finishing: without fastening off ch 25 (this is still connected to the ear warmer), wrap around seam of ear warmer 3 times, sl st to top of first hdc of last round, fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout!
You are done!
I hope you enjoy making this crochet ear warmer pattern and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on my Facebook page!
If you liked this crochet headband, then you may also like my other patterns the…
Dreaming Clouds Ear Warmer
Knotted Crochet Headband
Below is the awesome list of other great crochet projects so don’t forget to check them out!
- Crochet X Pillow Pattern | Persia Lou
- Learn To Crochet eBook | Twin Dragonfly Designs
- Crochet On Edge Fleece Blanket Tutorial | the Friendly Red Fox
- Crochet Chained Earwarmer | Rescued Paw Designs
- Fabulous Free Crochet Patterns | Seven Thirty Three
- Cozy Striped Crochet Infinity Scarf | Flamingo Toes
- Crochet Hooded Cowl | Sugar Bee Crafts
- Crochet Pillow Cover | Seven Alive