All month long Project Crochet has been going on around the blog world and I’m excited to be able to add my crochet project to this great list along side some other awesome designers.
(You can find the links to all their projects at the bottom of this post)
This crochet chained ear warmer / headband is a simple pattern that takes little time to work up. I used one of my favorites Lion Brand Woolspun because it soft and easy to work with plus it comes in a variety of great colors!
Read on down for the full FREE crochet chained ear warmer pattern and photo tutorial. Enjoy!
CROCHET CHAINED EAR WARMER
- crochet hook size J
- 40 yards of Lions brand WoolSpun in Linen or any bulky yarn (5)
- yarn needle
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch = chain
- rep = repeat
- st = stitch
- bl = back loop
- written for an adult (fits a 20-22″ circumference when finished) and has a 4″ width but can easily be customized for any size by subtracting or adding stitches.
- 8 stitches for every 4 inches – gauge is very important for proper sizing
Crochet Chained Ear Warmer Pattern
- Round 1: ch 44, sl st to first ch forming a circle making sure not to twist ch.
- Round 2: ch 1, hdc in every st around (44), sl st to the top of first hdc NOT the ch1
- Round 3: ch 1, sc in every st around in the bl only (44), sl st to to the top of first sc, not ch 1.
- Round 4: rep round 2.
- Round 5: rep round 3.
- Round 6: rep round 2.
- Round 7: rep round 3
- Round 8: rep round 2. do not fasten off.
- Finishing: without fastening off ch 25 (this is still connected to the ear warmer), wrap around seam of ear warmer 3 times, sl st to top of first hdc of last round, fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout!
You are done!
I hope you enjoy making this chained crochet ear warmer pattern and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me on my Facebook page!! Don’t forget to check out even more great projects and ideas to add to your to do list below.
- Crochet X Pillow Pattern | Persia Lou
- Learn To Crochet eBook | Twin Dragonfly Designs
- Crochet On Edge Fleece Blanket Tutorial | the Friendly Red Fox
- Crochet Chained Earwarmer | Rescued Paw Designs
- Fabulous Free Crochet Patterns | Seven Thirty Three
- Cozy Striped Crochet Infinity Scarf | Flamingo Toes
- Crochet Hooded Cowl | Sugar Bee Crafts
- Crochet Pillow Cover | Seven Alive
Also, don’t forget to stop over and check out my new apparel & accessories shop just for makers “Yarn Mamas“.