I love spring and the warm weather it brings! To celebrate I designed a new crochet flower pattern that can be added on to most any project. I can imagine this strung together as garland, attached to floral wire to make a decorative flower or even attached to a floppy crochet hat for Easter! What can you imagine making? 🙂
Read on down for the FREE crochet flower pattern!
BLOOMING SPRING FLOWER PATTERN
- Crochet hook size J 6 mm
- Worsted weight yarn (4) I used Red Heart soft in Deep Sea for the main part of the flower and Lion Brand baby soft in Pastel Blue for the center.
- Yarn needle
- Finished flower size is approximately 4″ x 4″
- The flower is worked in the round.
- Skill level is advanced beginner
Chain 2 with Red Heart in Deep Sea
12 single crochets in 2nd chain from the hook, slip stitch to top of first single crochet. (12)
* chain 8, single crochet in 2nd chain from hook and in next 6 stitches (7 single crochets), slip stitch in next single crochet in the back loop only, repeat from * for a total of 12 petals.
Working in the front loops only chain 6, single crochet in the 2nd chain from the hook and in next 4 stitches (5 single crochets), slip stitch in next single crochet in the back loop only, repeat from * for a total of 12 petals.
To make the center use Lion Brand Pastel Blue to make a bobble stitch and attach through the center and securely tightly and weave in ends.
Here is a tutorial on how to make the bobble stitch if one is needed → Bobble Stitch Tutorial.
Fasten off and weave in ends throughout the flower
I hope you enjoy making this blooming spring flower!
If you do make this please post on Instagram with the #rescuedpawdesigns so I can see your creations!
If you have any questions about this pattern, please feel free to ask! I am more than happy to assist in any way possible.