I love anything that will help organize my house so this chunky crochet basket pattern was naturally a must have for me.
To make my chunky crochet basket I used Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick Yarn in neutral colors so it would blend well with any room it was collecting yarn in!
I am currently using this basket to hold some of my extra yarn, but it could be used for many other things like hair pretties, hand towels, crochet hooks and more! If you like this crochet basket pattern you may also like my Mini Basket Crochet Pattern too!
If you think you are ready to make this then read on down for the full, FREE chunky crochet basket pattern and tutorial.
CHUNKY CROCHET BASKET PATTERN
- Advanced beginner
- 100 Yards of –Lion Brand Wool- Ease Thick & Quick– in Barley & Gray Marble or any bulky 6 yarns.
- Size N crochet hook 9.00 mm
- Yarn needle
- dc = double crochet
- sc= single crochet
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- You MAY sell items made from this pattern. If you choose to sell items made from any of my patterns, please link back to me at www.rescuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Do not use my photos to sell any items. Thank you for respecting my work.
- Finished size = 10″ x 10″ & 8″ high (with handles)
- Round 1: using Grey Marble, ch 3, 10 dc in 3rd ch from hook, sl st to top of first dc. (10)
- Round 2: ch 3, starting in 4th ch from hook 2 dc, 2 dc in every ch around, sl st to top of first dc. (20)
- Round 3: ch 3, 2 dc in first st, 2 dc in every st around, sl st to top of first dc. (work should measure 7″ x 7″ after this round) (40)
- Round 4: switch yarn color to Barley, ch 3, starting in first st *dc, sc in next st, repeat from * around. sl st to top of first dc. (40)
- Round 5: ch 1, starting in first st *sc, dc in next st, repeat from * around, sl st to top of first sc. (40)
- Round 6: repeat round 4 starting with the ch 3. (40)
- Round 7: switch yarn color to Grey Marble, repeat round 5. (40)
- Round 8: repeat round 4 starting with the ch 3. (40)
- Round 9: repeat round 5. (40)
- Round 10: switch yarn color to Barley, repeat round 4. (40)
- Round 11: ch 1, starting in first st sc, sc in next 7 st’s, ch 8 (handle), sk 3 st’s, sl st in next st, sc in next 15 st’s, ch 8 (handle), sk 3 st’s, sl st in next st, sc in next 7 st’s, sl st to top of first sc. (40)
- Round 12: switch yarn to Grey Marble, ch 1, starting in first st sc, sc in next 7 st’s, 8 sc in the ch 8 space (handle) from previous round, sc in next 16 st’s, 8 sc in the ch 8 space (handle) from previous round, sc in next 8 st’s, sl st to top of first sc. (40)
To finish up just weave in the loose ends with a yarn needle and fasten off.
YOU ARE DONE!
I hope you enjoyed this chunky crochet basket pattern. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I am more than happy to assist in any way possible.
I also have a business called Yarn Mamas that sells apparel just for makers like us!
(Yeah to comfy clothes & yoga pants!) 🙂
If you have a moment to spare, please go check it out and let me know what you think.
Thank you! Check the shop out at the link below
Shop – Yarn Mamas
Have a Great Day and Happy Crocheting!