This market tote bag crochet pattern is fun to make and makes a great accessory for the beach! Just think.. No sand filled bags! Keep on scrolling to find the full, free crochet pattern for this sand less tote! 🙂
If you wish you could easily line this tote with fabric to make it more useful for smaller items that you may want to carry and since it’s made with cotton yarn you can easily throw it in the wash too! I used Lily’s Sugar N Cream Yarn but any cotton (4) yarn will work!
MARKET TOTE BAG CROCHET PATTERN
- Lily Sugar n Cream Cotton Yarn or any brand of cotton yarn (2 balls of Ecru & 1 ball of Jute)
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 MM
- Yarn needle
- Ch = chain
- Sc = single crochet
- Dc = double crochet
- Sl St = slip stitch
- sk = skip
- st= stitch
- The finished size is approximately 12 wide X 15″ length (without handles) but will stretch since it’s made with cotton.
- If you wish to reduce the stretching of this bag I recommend lining it. There are some great tutorials on how to line crochet bags from Pattern Paradise and Craftsy on the internet.
You MAY sell items made from the Market Tote Bag Pattern. If you choose to sell items made from any of my patterns, please link back to me at Rescued Paw Designs for credit. Do not use my photos to sell any items. Thank you for respecting my work.
- Round 1: Starting with Ecru Ch 3, 10 Dc In 3rd ch from hook, sl at to first Dc. (10)
- Round 2: Ch 3, in first st Dc, Ch 1, * Dc, ch 1 rep around from * , sl st to first Dc. (chains count as a st) (20)
- Round 3: Ch 3 , Dc, 2 Dc in Ch 1 space, * Dc on top of Dc from previous round, 2 Dc in ch 1 space, repeat around from * , sl st to first Dc. (30)
- Round 4: Ch 3, Dc, ch 1, * Dc, ch 1 rep around from * , sl st to first Dc. (60)
- Round 5: Ch 3, *Dc, 1 dc in ch 1 space, Dc, 2 dc in ch 1 space, repeat from * around, sl st to top of first Dc. (75)
(Round 5 example)
- Round 6: Ch 3, * Ch 1, sk 1 ch, dc in next ch, repeat from * around, ending with a ch 1 and sk st, sl st to top of first ch 1, (76)
- Round 7: Ch 3, 2 dc in every ch 1 space around, sl st to first Dc (76)
- Round 8: Ch 3, * Ch 1, sk 1 ch, dc in next ch, repeat from * around, sl st to top of first ch 1, (76)
- Round 9: Repeat round 7 (76)
- Round 10: Repeat round 8 (76)
- Round 11: Repeat round 7 (76)
- Round 12: Repeat round 8 (76)
- Round 13: Repeat round 7 (76)
- Round 14: Repeat round 8 (76)
- Round 15: Repeat round 7 (76)
- Round 16: Repeat round 8 (76)
- Round 17: Repeat round 7 (76)
- Round 18: Repeat round 8 (76)
- Round 19: Change color to Jute, ch 1, *2 sc in ch 1 space, repeat from * around (76)
- Round 20: Repeat round 19 (76)
- Round 21: Repeat round 19 (76)
- Round 22: Repeat round 19 (76)
- Round 23: Repeat round 19 (76)
Be sure to make 2 handles. Each handle is approximately 24″ in length (but will stretch).
- Row 1: Ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook and every ch across, turn (5)
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in every ch across (5)
- Row 3-60: Repeat row 2 (5)
- Attach handles on inside of bag with yarn by using yarn needle and sewing an square and X to make secure (see picture)
- To finish your tote just weave in the loose ends throughout the bag with a yarn needle.
- You are done!
I hope you enjoyed this Market Tote Bag Crochet Pattern! Want more patterns similar to this?
Try some of our favorite free crochet patterns below!
- Modern Baby Ripple Blanket Pattern
- Rainbow Cluster Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Beach Glass Clutch Crochet Pattern
- Plant Holder Crochet Pattern
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I am more than happy to assist in any way possible.
Don’t forget to stop over and check out my new apparel & accessories shop just for makers “Yarn Mamas“.