To start learning your technique you can use any weight of yarnI love they way chevrons look in projects so much that last year I used the technique to make my Neutral Chevron Blanket. I also designed a fun washcloth with this exact pattern which can be found “Here“!
What else do you think I should crochet up with this tutorial? Any ideas? I am thinking of making a fun scarf or maybe even a hat with it! There really are so many possibilities. I hope you enjoy this chevron tutorial and make lots of fun chevron projects! Happy Crocheting!
CHEVRON CROCHET PATTERN
- I used worsted weight yarn (4)
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 MM
- sc = single crochet
- sk = skip
- st = stitch
- ch = chain
- sc2tog = single crochet 2 together
- Foundation Row: start by chaining a multiple of 17, then add 16 sts to whatever length you have chosen. (my sample was 33)
- Row 1: starting in the second ch from the hook sc2tog ,sc once in the next 5 st’s then do 3 sc (makes the hump) in the next st. * sc once in the next 7 st’s, sk the next 2 sts. sc once in the next 7 st’s, 3 sc in the next st (hump) repeat from * until you are left with 7 sts, then sc once in the next 5 sts and sc2tog.
- Row 2 – ?: ch 1, repeat row 1.
That’s it! What did you think? Are you ready to make a ton of chevron projects now? If you do please me sure to share them with me! 🙂
Also, don’t forget to stop over at our sister site “Yarn Mamas” which specializes in apparel & accessories just for makers!