A Chevron Crochet Pattern should be on every crocheters to try list! They create amazing crochet design patterns and would be great for all kinds of projects. Scroll on down to find the tutorial and even some ideas for fun chevron projects!
I love they way chevrons look in projects so much that last year I used the technique to make my Neutral Chevron Blanket. I also designed a fun washcloth with this exact pattern which can be found “Here“! Back to the tutorial now! To start you will need any weight yarn, a corresponding crochet hook and yourself! I used worsted weight yarn for my example but no worries any kind you have will work! 🙂
So what else do you think I should crochet up with this tutorial? Any ideas? I am thinking of making a fun scarf or maybe even a hat with it! There really are so many possibilities. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
I hope you enjoy this chevron tutorial and make lots of fun chevron projects! Happy Crocheting!
CHEVRON CROCHET PATTERN
- Advanced beginner
- I used worsted weight yarn (4)
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 MM
- Yarn needle
- sc = single crochet
- sk = skip
- st = stitch
- ch = chain
- sc2tog = single crochet 2 together
- Written in standard US terms.
- Foundation Row: start by chaining a multiple of 17, then add 16 sts to whatever length you have chosen. (my sample was 33)
- Row 1: starting in the second ch from the hook sc2tog ,sc once in the next 5 st’s then do 3 sc (makes the hump) in the next st. * sc once in the next 7 st’s, sk the next 2 sts. sc once in the next 7 st’s, 3 sc in the next st (hump) repeat from * until you are left with 7 sts, then sc once in the next 5 sts and sc2tog.
- Row 2 – ?: ch 1, repeat row 1.
That’s it! What did you think? Are you ready to make a ton of chevron projects now? If you do please me sure to share them with me! 🙂
Also, don’t forget to stop over at our sister site “Yarn Mamas” which specializes in apparel & accessories just for makers!