Chevron patterns should be on every crocheters to try list!
They create amazing crochet design patterns and would be great for all kinds of projects.
I love they way chevron looked so much that last year I used the technique to make my Neutral Chevron Blanket.
Find the FREE pattern for that blanket by clicking on the picture below.
I hope you enjoy the tutorial and make lots of fun chevron projects!
HOW TO MAKE A CHEVRON PATTERN IN CROCHET
- I used worsted weight yarn (4)
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 MM
- sc = single crochet
- sk = skip
- st = stitch
- ch = chain
- sc2tog = single crochet 2 together
CHEVRON CROCHET PATTERN
- Foundation Row: start by chaining a multiple of 17, then add 16 sts to whatever length you have chosen. (my sample was 33)
- Row 1: starting in the second ch from the hook sc2tog ,sc once in the next 5 st’s then do 3 sc (makes the hump) in the next st. * sc once in the next 7 st’s, sk the next 2 sts. sc once in the next 7 st’s, 3 sc in the next st (hump) repeat from * until you are left with 7 sts, then sc once in the next 5 sts and sc2tog.
- Row 2 – ?: ch 1, repeat row 1.
Don’t forget to stop over and check out my new apparel & accessories shop just for makers “Yarn Mamas“.