- Advanced Beginner
- approx. 64″ circumference & 6″ width
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 mm
- Yarn needle
- 340 yards of Lion brand Vanna’s choice yarn in Linen (or any worsted weight (4) yarn)
- Find Vanna’s Choice online here ➸ Vanna’s Choice Yarn on Amazon
- Two 1″ buttons (I used coconut shell buttons)
- Find the buttons online here ➸ Coconut Shell Buttons on Amazon
- hdc = half double crochet
- ch = chain
- bl = back loop
- st = stitch
- sk = skip
- RAVELRY ➸ Andy Scarf
ANDY SCARF CROCHET PATTERN
(each row should be 3″ wide so 8 hdc’s for every 3″)
(each row will be approx. .70″ in height)
- FOUNDATION ROW: ch 9, hdc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in remaining ch’s across, turn (8)
- ROW 1: ch 1, working in the bl hdc, bl hdc in remaining ch’s across, turn. (8)
- ROW 2- 95: repeat row 1. (8)
- Do not fasten off yarn, ch 1, see scarf pattern below on how to continue.
(worked along long side of ribbing, going back along the edge of the ribbing you just worked up)
(To make it even I did 3 hdc’s for every 2 rows of ribbing. Starting with 2 hdc’s in the first row. ending with 1 hdc in the last row)
(gauge is 12 hdc’s for every 4″)
- ROW 1: do 145 hdc’s in evenly across long side of ribbing, turn. (145)
- ROW 2: ch 1, hdc in the bl, hdc in the bl of every st across, turn. (145)
- ROW 3-7: repeat row 2. (145)
- If you do not want buttons on your scarf you can fasten off here and weave in loose ends with yarn needle.
- If you want buttons do not fasten off yarn, ch 1, turn your work to short side of scarf, see pattern below on how to continue.
Button Holes (optional)
- ROW 1: hdc, hdc, sk 1 st, ch 1, hdc in next 10 hdc, sk 1 st, ch 1, hdc, hdc . (16)
- ROW 2: ch 1, hdc, hdc once in every st across. (16)
- attach buttons onto other end of scarf that doesn’t have the button holes you just made evenly so they will attach to the holes properly about 1″ from edge of scarf.
- weave in loose ends throughout scarf with yarn needle.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this pattern!
Don’t forget to stop over and check out my new apparel & accessories shop just for makers Yarn Mamas.