I am so excited to finally release the Andy Crochet Hand Warmers! 🙂 The simplicity of this warmer design and the fact that they are made to match another reader favorite the Andy Crochet Scarf puts this crochet pattern in my top 10! If you want to make a pair of these hand warmers for yourself, keep on reading down for the full, FREE crochet pattern!
This pair of crochet hand warmers only uses one skein of Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice yarn, which is my favorite! I used a color called linen, but you can choose from any array of colors from their line to suit your taste. Also, since these crochet wrist warmers use so little yarn they are a perfect crochet project to use up extra fiber you may have left from other designs!
I finished these crochet gloves off with a coconut shell button which are always my go to buttons! I love how they add a natural earthly feel to most any crochet project. I found my set of buttons on Amazon, but most local craft stores should carry them if not then click that affiliate link above and grab some! I promise these are super easy to work up! 🙂 If you have any questions at all about these crochet hand warmers please, feel free to ask. Enjoy!
ANDY CROCHET HAND WARMERS PATTERN
- Advanced Beginner
- 8″ Height x 8″ Circumference
- One size fits most
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 mm
- Yarn needle
- 170 yards of Lion brand Vanna’s choice yarn in Linen (or any worsted weight (4) yarn)
- Find Vanna’s Choice online here ➸ Vanna’s Choice Yarn on Amazon
- Two 1″ buttons (I used coconut shell buttons)
- Find the buttons online here ➸ Coconut Shell Buttons on Amazon
- hdc = half double crochet
- ch = chain
- bl = back loop
- fl = front loop
- st = stitch
- sk = skip
- sl st = slip stitch
- sc2tog = single crochet 2 together
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Rescued Paw Designs unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link back to me at www.rescuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
IMAGES & CONTENT: The images and content of RescuedPawDesigns.com are protected by copyright laws. Do not distribute or copy the content without written permission. Do not edit or remove watermarks from any original image from RescuedPawdesigns.com. If you would like to share an image, please only use 1 with a link back to RPD. Thank you for respecting my work.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on RPD with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions about the Andy Crochet Hand Warmers, please email email@example.com.
(make 2 )
(each row should be 2″ wide = 6 sc’s for every 2″)
- FOUNDATION ROW: ch 7, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in remaining ch’s across, turn (6)
- ROW 1: ch 1, working in the bl and starting in the first st sc, bl sc in remaining st’s across, turn. (6)
- ROW 2- 21: repeat row 1. (6)
- Hold together ends with right side of ribbing on the inside, sl st 6 times across evenly along seam to form a circle.
- Do not fasten off yarn and continue on to glove pattern below to finish
(gauge is 6 sc for every 2″)
- Round 1: ch 1, do 21 hdc’s evenly around top of ribbing, sl st top of first hdc (21)
- Round 2: ch 1, starting in first st hdc in the fl, hdc in the fl in the remaining st’s around, sl st to top of first hdc (21)
- Round 3-5: ch 1, starting in the first st sc, sc in the remaining st’s around, sl st to to the top of the first sc (21)
- Round 6: ch 1, starting in the first st do 2 sc’s, sc around until you are left with 1 st, 2 sc’s in remaining st, sl st to top of first sc (23)
- Round 7: ch 1, starting in first stitch sc, sc in the remaining st’s around, sl st to to the top of the first sc (23)
- Round 8: repeat round 7 (23)
- Row 9: (we will be working in rows now) repeat round 7 but do not sl st to top of first sc, turn your work (23)
- Row 10: ch 1, starting in the first st sc, sc in every st in row, turn (23)
- Row 11: repeat row 10 (23)
- Row 12: repeat row 10 (23)
- Round 13: ( we will be working in rounds now) repeat row 10, but sl st to top of first sc of round (23)
- Round 14: repeat round 7
- Round 15: ch 1, in first st sc2tog, sc around until you are left with 2 sc’s, sc2tog. sl st to top of first sc (21)
- Round 16: ch 1, in first st sc, sc in remaining st’s around, sl st to top of first sc (21)
- Round 17: repeat round 16 (21)
- Round 18: ch 1, starting in 2nd ch from hook sl st, sl st in every st around, sl st to top of first sl st, fasten off yarn (21)
- Weave in loose ends throughout with yarn needle.
- Button attachment: (optional) Cut a 6″ piece of yarn, using yarn needle, attach the button to the outside left of glove securely
Don’t forget to add this Andy crochet hand warmers pattern to RAVELRY so you can make them again! ➸ Andy Hand Warmer Pattern
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me anytime! I would love to see your creations when you are done on Instagram using the hashtag #andygloves or #rescuedpawdesigns.