Since Halloween is right around the corner I figured it was the perfect time to crochet up a scary monster eye key chain. This also looks great as a book bag or purse charm. To make this I used yarn scraps I had saved from past projects and a swivel clasp I found at the craft store. Easy and cute Halloween Crochet Pattern for sure!
Read on down for the full FREE crochet pattern!
- Crochet hook size J 6.00 mm
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Swivel Clasps
- yarn needle
- 3 different colors of yarn scraps of worsted weight yarn (4)
- ch = chain
- hdc = half double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- How to change colors in crochet tutorial can be found “HERE“.
Monster Eye Crochet Pattern
- With white ch 2, 10 hdc’s in second ch from hook, sl st to top of first hdc.
- Join in 2nd color, ch 1, hdc 2 x in every ch around, sl st to top of first hdc. Fasten off yarn leaving a 2-3 inch tail.
- With black yarn and yarn needle weave in and out of center of eye to form the pupil. (you can get creative here)
- Attach the swivel clasp by using the 3 inch tail of yarn you had left from earlier and secure.
- Weave in loose ends throughout with yarn needle neatly so the back looks like the front.
I hope you enjoyed this pattern! If you have any questions feel free to ask!
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Rescued Paw Designs unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern please link back to me at www.rescuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on RPD with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE DO NOT COPY, SHARE (a link is OK), ADJUST OR RESELL MY PATTERNS