This wrapped headband crochet pattern is great for all skill levels and uses one of my favorite yarns Lion Brand Woolspun! Scroll on down to find the free pattern to make one today!
If you like wearing headbands over hats, then you will probably like my Chained Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern, Wrapped Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern and Cabled Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern too! This wrapped headband crochet pattern uses a simple combination of single and half double crochets throughout which means it works up extremely fast! If you wanted to make this in a different size it is available in 4 sizes so you can make one for everyone you know!
Ready to get started? Read on down for the full free crochet pattern! 🙂 Happy Crocheting! 🙂
WRAPPED HEADBAND CROCHET PATTERN
- Advanced beginner
- 6.00 mm crochet hook Size J
- < 1 skein of Lion Brand Woolspun Yarn in Evergreen or any other bulky 5 yarns.
- Yarn needle
- Gauge is approx. 4 STS for every 2″ (Gauge is very important to the fit)
- One size fits most teen – adult women approx. 21″ circumference & 4″ width.
- Printable PDF with 4 sizes – Wrapped Headband (4 Sizes)
- CH = chain
- ST = stitch
- SC = single crochet
- HDC = half double crochet
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Rescued Paw Designs unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link back to me at www.rescuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on RPD with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE DO NOT COPY, SHARE, ADJUST OR RESELL MY PATTERNS (with the exception of 1 picture & a link)
THE PATTERN (teen to adult woman):
- ROW 1: Leaving a 6″ tail CH 7, in 2nd CH from hook, SC, SC in the remaining CH’s across, turn (6)
- ROW 2: CH 1, in 2nd ST from the hook, SC, SC in the remaining ST’s across, turn. (6)
- ROW 3: Repeat row 2
- ROW 4: Repeat row 2
- ROW 5: Repeat row 2
- ROW 6: Repeat row 2
DO NOT FASTEN OFF YOUR WRAPPED HEADBAND, WE WILL BE WORKING IN THE ROUND NOW
- ROUND 1 CH 37 , (making sure not to twist) SL ST to to the first SC of row 6 to form a circle. (43)
- ROUND 2: CH 1, in 2nd ST from the hook HDC, HDC in every CH around, sl st to top of the first HDC (43)
- ROUND 3: Repeat round 2
- ROUND 4: Repeat round 2
- ROUND 5: Repeat round 2
- ROUND 6: Repeat round 2
- ROUND 7: Repeat round 2
- Fasten off.
- Squeeze your wrapped headband together as shown in the picture below.
- Wrap the 2.5″ SC row piece around the middle of the head warmer around the squeezed middle.
- Using the 6″ tail & yarn needle, weave together to the first 6 sc row to the last sc row to close around headband.
- Fasten off securely and weave in loose ends throughout with a yarn needle. You are done!
Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions about this wrapped headband crochet pattern feel free to ask me anytime. Also, I would love to see your finished pieces on Instagram using the hashtag #rescuedpawdesigns.