This wrapped headband crochet pattern is great for all skill levels and uses one of my favorite yarns Lion Brand Woolspun!
This wrapped headband crochet pattern uses a simple combination of single and half double crochets throughout.
This pattern works up extremely fast and is available in 4 sizes so you can make one for everyone you know! 🙂
WRAPPED HEADBAND CROCHET PATTERN
- Advanced beginner
- 6.00 mm crochet hook Size J
- < 1 skein of Lion Brand Woolspun Yarn in Evergreen or any other bulky 5 yarn.
- Yarn needle
- Gauge is approx. 4 STS for every 2″ (Gauge is very important to the fit)
- One size fits most teen – adult women approx. 21″ circumference & 4″ width.
- Printable PDF with 4 sizes – Wrapped Headband (4 Sizes)
- CH = chain
- ST = stitch
- SC = single crochet
- HDC = half double crochet
THE PATTERN (teen to adult woman):
- ROW 1: Leaving a 6″ tail CH 7, in 2nd CH from hook SC, SC in the remaining CH’s across, turn (6)
- ROW 2: CH 1, in 2nd ST from the hook, SC, SC in the remaining ST’s across, turn. (6)
- ROW 3: Repeat row 2
- ROW 4: Repeat row 2
- ROW 5: Repeat row 2
- ROW 6: Repeat row 2
DO NOT FASTEN OFF YOUR WRAPPED HEADBAND, WE WILL BE WORKING IN THE ROUND NOW
- ROUND 1 CH 37 , (making sure not to twist) SL ST to to the first SC of row 6 to form a circle. (43)
- ROUND 2: CH 1, in 2nd ST from the hook HDC, HDC in every CH around, sl st to top of first HDC (43)
- ROUND 3: Repeat round 2
- ROUND 4: Repeat round 2
- ROUND 5: Repeat round 2
- ROUND 6: Repeat round 2
- ROUND 7: Repeat round 2
- Fasten off.
- Squeeze your wrapped headband together as shown in the picture below.
- Wrap the 2.5″ SC row piece around the middle of the head warmer around the squeezed middle.
- using the 6″ tail & yarn needle weave together to the first 6 sc row to the last sc row to close around headband.
- Fasten off securely and wave in loose ends throughout with a yarn needle. You are done!
Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions about this wrapped headband crochet pattern feel free to ask me anytime. Also, I would love to see your finished pieces on Instagram using the hashtag #rescuedpawdesigns.