I had so much creating this textured cowl! This pattern is beginner friendly and works up fairly fast. I used simple half double crochets (HDC) throughout and alternated between working in the front loop (FL) and the 3rd loop of each stitch. (see pictures below)
Some of you may have even seen the sneak peek of it last week on Instagram.
I used my favorite yarn “Lion Brand Woolspun” in Plum which is a gorgeous heathered purple color! The finished cowl drapes beautifully around my neck and is extremely soft! I hope you enjoy the pattern! Read on down for the full instructions.
- advanced beginner
- CH = chain
- SL ST = slip stitch
- HDC = half double crochet
- FL HDC = front loop half double crochet
- for help with the 3rd loop & FL HDC see pictures above.
- finished size = 28″ circumference & a 7″ height – one size fits most teen – adult women
- gauge = approx. 6 st’s for every 4″
- < 1 skein of LION BRAND WOOLSPUN YARN in Plum or 127 yards of any bulky size 5 yarn.
- crochet hook size L – 8.00 MM
- yarn needle
CROCHET COWL PATTERN
- ROUND 1: CH 50, Join with a SL ST to form a circle making sure not to twist. (50)
- ROUND 2: CH 2, HDC in 3rd ST from HOOK, HDC in every ST around. (50)
- ROUND 3: CH 2, *HDC in 3rd LOOP in back of first ST from previous row, in next ST FL HDC, repeat around. (50)
- ROUND 4: Repeat 2
- ROUND 5: Repeat 3
- ROUND 6: Repeat 2
- ROUND 7: Repeat 3
- ROUND 8: Repeat 2
- ROUND 9: Repeat 3
- ROUND 10: Repeat 2
- ROUND 11: Repeat 3
- ROUND 12: Repeat 2
- Fasten off yarn and weave in loose ends throughout with yarn needle.
If you would like to add this to your Ravelry library you can find it here ⇒ Textured Cowl
Thanks for stopping by ! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see your finished cowls on Instagram using the hashtag #rescuedpaw or #rescuedpawdesigns
Don’t forget to find me on Social Media
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Rescued Paw Designs unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern please link back to me at www.rescuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on RPD with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT COPY, SHARE , ADJUST OR RESELL MY PATTERNS (with the exception of 1 picture & a link)