My newest design the colorblocked crochet cowl pattern is a great project for a new crocheter because it is worked entirely of single crochets! Ready to get started? Scroll on down to find the full, free pattern! 🙂
I decided to use my go to yarn, Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice because of the beautiful color choices available. I wanted a color blocked look so I picked three of my favorite colors and started working! If color blocking isn’t for you (weaving in ends) then this can be made in one color instead. 🙂
I hope you enjoy this simple design and have fun with all the color possibilities!
Scroll on down for the full, FREE crochet pattern.
THE LEIGH COLORBLOCKED CROCHET COWL PATTERN
- Approx. 90 – 100 yards each of Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn in Barley, Oatmeal, & Grey Marble (affiliate link)
- Crochet hook size J 6.00 MM (affiliate link)
- Yarn needle
- sc = single crochet
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- Gauge is approximately 12 sc for every 4″
- Approximately a 26″ circumference and 14″ height – One size fits most
- Always sl st into the first sc, not the sl st or ch 1.
- If you need some help changing colors in crochet here is a tutorial on How to Change Colors in Crochet.
- You may sell items that you make with this pattern. If you chose to sell an item made with this pattern please link back to me at www.recuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Thank you for respecting my work.
- Add this to your Ravelry library here ⇒ LEIGH COWL by RESCUED PAW DESIGNS
- Round 1: using color A, ch 70, making sure not to twist sl st to first ch to form a circle. (70)
- Round 2: ch 1, (starting in 2nd ch from hook) sc, sc in every ch around, sl st to top of first sc. (70)
- Round 3: ch1, starting in first st sc, sc in every st around, sl st to top of first sc. (70)
- Round 4-15: repeat round 3. (70)
- Round 16-30: using color B, repeat round 3. (70)
- Round 31-45: using color C, repeat round 3. (70)
Fasten off yarn & weave in loose ends with yarn needle. You are done!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you liked this colorblocked crochet cowl pattern and I would LOVE to see your finished cowls on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #rescuedpawdesigns. Want more patterns like this? Check out our One Hour Cowl or Chevron Scarf for even more crochet fun! 🙂