The Katie Button Cowl is a great beginner friendly crochet pattern. This button cowl could be finished up in just one evening… Say for example when you are watching a marathon session of Call the Midwife or the Voice! 😄
I designed this scarf to be fashionable, cute and of course warm for those cold winter days! And to make sure it was cozy I used –Lion Brand Yarn Wool Ease Thick and Quick Yarn–! One of my favorites!
This yarn is extremely easy to work with and crochets up super fast. Which in my book is always a win win! 🙂
If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I hope you enjoy the pattern.
Keep on scrolling down for the full, FREE crochet scarf pattern and tutorial!
KATIE BUTTON COWL PATTERN
- Advanced Beginner
- –Crochet hook size N 9 MM–
- < 2 skeins or 200 yards –Lion Brand Wool Ease– Thick & Quick in Gray Marble or any other super bulky 6 yarns.
- Yarn needle
- Three 1.5 inch buttons
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- hdc = half double crochet
- st = stitch
- sk = skip
- Finished size is 11” width & 44” length
- Gauge = 4 sts for every 2”
- Ravelry→ Katie Button Cowl
KATIE BUTTON COWL PATTERN – add to Ravelry
- Row 1: ch 22.
- Row 2: starting in 3rd ch from hook hdc, hdc in remaining stitches across, turn. (20)
- Row 3: ch 2, starting in the top of the last hdc from the row before hdc (aka the first st), * ch 1, sk next st, hdc, repeat from * across ending with 1 hdc in top of turning ch from previous row, turn. (20)
- Row 4: ch 2, starting in the top of the last hdc from the row before hdc (aka the first st), * 2 hdc’s in ch 1 space, repeat from * across ending with 1 hdc in top of turning ch, turn. (20)
- Row 5: ch 2, hdc in 3rd st from hook, hdc in remaining sts across, turn. (20)
- Row 6 – 46: repeat rows 3-5 (20)
- Row 47: repeat row 3 (20)
- Row 48: ch 2, hdc in the top of the last hdc from the row before(aka the first st), hdc in every st & ch across. (20)
- Fasten off yarn.
- On either end of scarf lay out three buttons as shown about 9” apart.
- With extra yarn cut three 4” pieces. Attach buttons with yarn & yarn needle securely.
- Weave in ends throughout scarf with yarn needle.
- Wrap scarf around neck and wear as shown in picture below. No button holes are needed because there is enough space in scarf for the buttons to go through.
Don’t forget to stop over and check out my new apparel & accessories shop just for makers “Yarn Mamas“.