Remember when I had my yarn date on Valentine’s Day that I shared a photo of on Instagram? Well, this crochet cowl pattern was the result!After a couple test scarves, ripping out and rewriting the pattern a few times I am so happy to finally release the Gracelyn Fringe Cowl!
I used Isaac Mizrahi Colorways Merino Blend which is a light feeling luxurious yarn. I was thrilled when I found it for less than $3.00 while shopping at Michaels during their yarn sale!
Before this project I had never completed any crochet pattern with a light yarn before,so it was a little intimidating, but worked up so quickly! Ready to get started? Read on down for the pattern and I hope you enjoy the tutorial! 🙂
“Click Here” to purchase an AD-FREE PDF of this pattern from my shop.
CROCHET COWL PATTERN GRACEYLN FRINGE
- Advanced Beginner
- Crochet Hook Size J 6.00 MM
- Less than two skeins of Isaac Mizrahi® CRAFT™ Isaac’s Colorways Merino Blend™ Yarn in Ivory & Silver or 250 yards of a Light (3) yarn
- Yarn needle
- Ch = chain
- Sl St = slip stitch
- Hdc = half double crochet
- Sk = skip
- St = stitch
- Finished size = 14” height (excluding fringe) & 28” circumference
- Gauge = 8 St’s for every 2”
- Click Here to add to Ravelry
- Click Here to purchase an AD-FREE PDF
- Round 1: Ch 80, sl st to form a circle, making sure not to twist. (80)
- Round 2: Ch 2, hdc in first Ch, Sk 1 Ch & Ch 1, *Hdc in next Ch, Sk 1 Ch & Ch 1, Repeat from * ending with a Ch 1 , Sl St to top of first hdc. (40 CH’s and 40 HDC’s =80)
- Round 3-14: Ch 2, hdc in first St, Sk 1 st & Ch 1, *Hdc in next St, Sk 1 St & Ch 1, Repeat from * ending with a Ch 1 , Sl St to top of first hdc. (40 CH’s and 40 HDC’s =80)
- Round 15: Join in Ivory & Ch 2, hdc in first St, Sk 1 st & Ch 1, *Hdc in next St, Sk 1 St & Ch 1, Repeat from * ending with a Ch 1, Sl St to top of first hdc. (40 CH’s and 40 HDC’s =80)
- Round 16-28: Ch 2, hdc in first St, Sk 1 st & Ch 1, *Hdc in next St, Sk 1 St & Ch 1, Repeat from * ending with a Ch 1, Sl St to top of first hdc. (40 CH’s and 40 HDC’s =80)
- Fasten off, cut yarn and there is no need to weave in cut yarn ends on each end since they will blend in with the fridge.
- Weave in ends of yarn where colors were joined with yarn needle.
- Cut 20 12” pieces of Each Color Yarn & Cut in Half so you have 40 6” Pieces of each color yarn
- With 2 6” pieces, 1 of each color pull through each space on the edges of scarf following technique found here – How to Add Fringe To Crochet Projects
- Cut fringe evenly along edges
I hope you enjoyed the this crochet cowl pattern gracelyn fringe scarf! And please don’t forget to stop over and check out my new apparel & accessories shop just for makers “Yarn Mamas“.