This ripple crochet blanket is fast to work up and looks great in every color! If you want to learn how to make this for yourself, then read on down for the full, FREE crochet pattern!
Hi everyone! If you have been following along with me over on Instagram then you will know that I have been overgramming the making of this ripple crochet blanket for what feels like forever now. I am a bit obsessed with Instagram! #instagramaddict #sorrynotsorry 😂
Well, it all started a few weeks ago while yarn shopping at Michaels that I came across some beautiful colors from Lion Brands Vanna’s Choice line in some awesome blue & gray hues! I originally went in to grab one skein for another project, but walked out with 7! The proof is in the picture! (see below )
I couldn’t resist these colors! I mean are they not just amazing! I knew they would look perfect as a ripple blanket with an ombre effect to it. (Ombre means “the gradual blending of one color hue to another, usually moving from light to dark.”)
I started my blanket with white working 15 rows and decreased the number of rows I made with each color added. I really am in love with how it turned out and I hope you love it too!
Please read on down for the full, FREE ripple pattern or
Click Here to purchase an AD-FREE PDF of the Ombre Ripple Pattern!
Ripple Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet hook size I 5.5 mm
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn one skein in each color, Silver blue, Linen, Navy, Silver Heather, Silver Grey, Charcoal Grey and White or any worsted weight (4) yarn.
- Yarn needle
- ch = chain
- hdc = half double crochet
- hdc2tog = half double crochet two together
- st = stitch
- sk = skip
- To make the blanket smaller or bigger ch a multiple of 13 then add 12 chs to whatever length you have chosen. For example 13,26,39,52,65,78,91,104,117,130,143,156,169,182,195,208,221,234 etc. then add 12 more ch’s to whatever length you have chosen
- Gauge = approx 5 st’s for every 2″
- Finished Measurements with size shown: approx. 60″ x 30″
- White-15 rows, Linen-14 rows, Silver Blue-13 rows, Silver Heather-12 rows, Silver Grey-11 rows, Charcoal Grey-10 rows, Navy-9 rows
- Need help changing colors? Try our tutorial! “Click Here”.
- Add this pattern to your Ravelry library “here”.
- If you love the pattern, but hate the ads, then click on over to my Pattern Shop to purchase an AD -FREE PDF!
Main Ripple Blanket Pattern
Foundation Row: With white ch 90
Row 1: Starting in the 2nd ch from hook hdc the first 2 ch’s together (hdc2tog) hdc in next 3 chs, hdc 3 times in next ch, * hdc in next 5 ch’s, sk 2 chs, hdc in next 5 ch’s, hdc in nextch 3 times, repeat from * until you are left with 5 chs, hdc one in next 3 then hdc2tog the last 2 chs to finish row, turn. (89)
Row 2: ch 2, hdc first 2 st’s together (hdc2tog) hdc in next 3 sts, hdc 3 times in next st, * hdc in next 5 st’s, sk 2 sts, hdc in next 5 st’s, hdc innextst 3 times, repeat from * until you are left with 5 sts, hdc once in next 3 st then hdc2tog the last 2 sts to finish row, turn. (89)
Rows 3-15: repeat row 2 (89)
Rows 16-29: with linen repeat row 2 (89)
Rows 30 -42: with silver blue repeat row 2 (89)
Rows 43 – 54: with silver heather repeat row 2 (89)
Rows 55 – 65: with silver grey repeat row 2 (89)
Rows 66 – 75: with charcoal grey repeat row 2 (89)
Rows 76 -84: with navy repeat row 2 (89)
Finishing: Fasten off and weave in loose ends with yarn needles.
I hope you enjoyed this ripple crochet blanket and as always thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions about this blanket,please send me an email or find me over on Instagram!