In need of a quick baby gift? Make this modern striped crochet baby blanket today with my easy crochet tutorial and you have a baby shower present in no time at all! Scroll on down to make this easy striped baby blanket today! I hope you enjoy this free crochet pattern. 🙂
If you have been following along with me over on Instagram then you will know that I’ve been over sharing the making of this easy crochet baby blanket pattern for a couple weeks now. While out of town I stopped at a Joann Fabrics and snatched up some Big Twist yarn in a beautiful salmon color! I have been eyeing it up online for quite some time along with some other great colors (turquoise, snow, pigeon and navy) to make a baby blanket.
The quick and easy crochet blanket pattern is made up entirely of single & triple crochet stitches using a size J crochet hook which creates an amazing bumpy texture. Plus, the simplicity of only using two stitches makes it a great beginner crochet blanket! I hope you enjoy this design and please read on down to learn how to crochet a striped blanket.
EVER SO STRIPED CROCHET BABY BLANKET PATTERN
- Big Twist Premium Yarn from Joann Fabric & Craft Store or any worsted weight yarn
- The colors I used as shown in the pictures are.. Turquoise, Snow, Salmon, Pigeon & Navy (1 skein of each)
- Crochet Hook size J 6.00 MM
- Yarn needle
- sc = single crochet
- tr = triple crochet
- ch = chain
- st = stitch
- I suggest weaving in ends as you go to avoid a big to do at the end of your project. Click “Here” to find that technique.
- Add to Ravelry “Here”
- Gauge is approx. 5 st for every 2″
- Finished size is approx. 27″ x 25″
- To make this blanket in different sizes just use a multiple chain of 2 then add 1 to whatever length you have chosen.
Foundation Row: ch 59
Row 1: Starting in second ch from hook sc, sc in every ch across, turn. (58)
Row 2: Ch 1, in first st sc, tr in next st, *sc in next st, tr in next st, repeat from * across ending with 1 sc in each of the last 2 sts, turn. (58)
Row 3: Ch 1, in first st sc, sc in every st across, turn. (58)
Row 4: Repeat Row 2 (58)
Row 5: Repeat Row 3 (58)
Row 6-52: Repeat Rows 2 & 3 alternately (58)
Finishing: Fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout
- Foundation Row – Turquoise
- Row 1 & Row 2 – Turquoise
- Row 3 & Row 4 – Snow
- Row 5 & Row 6 – Salmon
- Row 7 & Row 8 – Pigeon
- Row 9 & Row 10 – Navy
- Repeat Pattern from Row 1 & 2 on until you finish with a Row 1 & 2 on Row 51 & 52.
I hope you enjoyed this simple crochet blanket and as always thank you for stopping by!
If you’d like even more free crochet baby blanket patterns then check out my Neutral Chevron Blanket which is surprisingly simple single crochet blanket pattern! You may even enjoy a fun colorful crochet blanket like the Wonders Crochet Blanket instead!
Check out my shop “Yarn Mamas by Rescued Paw Designs” where 10% of all profits go towards charity! Thank you for taking a peek! 🙂
If you have any questions about this blanket, please send me an email at Krista@rescuedpawdesigns.com or find me over on Instagram!