You have come to the right place if you are looking for something to store your glasses in while not in use! I designed this glasses case crochet pattern because I tend to leave my glasses lay where ever and I ALWAYS lose them! Can you relate? 🙂
If you have been following along with me over on Instagram then you will know that I have shared a few pictures of the making of this Glasses Case Crochet Pattern for a while now. I like to over share! 🙂
This easy pattern is made up entirely of half double crochet stitches which creates a quick fun design. The simple stitches also make it a great pattern for beginner crocheters who are just learning how to crochet. It really is a win win! 🙂
I hope you enjoy this project and please read on down below for the full, free Glasses Case Crochet Pattern.
GLASSES CASE CROCHET PATTERN
- Lily Sugar’n Cream cotton yarn (4 weight) in Jute or less than a 100 yards of any cotton yarn.
- Crochet hook size I 5.5 MM
- 1 inch button (I used a coconut shell button) – Find some Coconut Shell Buttons on Amazon
- yarn needle
- CH = Chain
- ST = Stitch
- HDC = Half Double Crochet
- SK = Skip
- Gauge is approx. 5 sts for every 2″
- Click HERE to add to Ravelry
- Finished size is 8″ wide x 3″ height when closed
- Find the Coconut Shell Buttons I used here on Amazon
Foundation Row: ch 21
Row 1: in 3rd ch from hook hdc, *sk 1 ch, hdc 2 times in next ch, repeat from * ending with 2 hdc’s in last ch. ch 2 (19)
Row 2: in first st hdc, *sk 1 st, hdc 2 times in next st, repeat from * ending with 2 hdc’s in last st. ch 2 (19)
Row 3-12: Repeat row 2 (19)
Row 13: Ch 1, Sc in first st, *sl st in next, sc in next st repeat from * for a total of 7 sts, sk 1 st, ch 3, in next st sc,* sl st in next st, sc in next st, repeat from * for a total of 7 sts, fasten off. You will end with a st count of (19 including the sk st)
Finishing: Fold up bottom of case as shown in picture or about 2.5″.
- Cut 2 6″ pieces of yarn and weave together the sides of the case.
- Attach button to center of the case.
- Weave in loose ends throughout the case.
I hope you enjoyed this Glasses Case Crochet Pattern and as always thank you for stopping by!
If you have any questions about this pattern please send me an email at Krista@rescuedpawdesigns.com or find me over on Instagram!
Also, don’t forget to stop over and check out my new apparel, pattern & accessories shop just for makers “Yarn Mamas“.