This simple striped pillow crochet pattern would love lovely with any decor and would make a great gift! Read on down to find the full, FREE pattern!
I’ve always loved decorating my couches and chairs with pillows. You might remember the Crochet Square Pillow design I made from last year too! As much as I loved the old design I decided to create a crochet pillow cover that had buttons because if you’re anything like me keeping them clean (hello pet hair & kids) is always a struggle.
A few months ago I released the Ombre Ripple Crochet Blanket pattern keeping in my mind, I eventually would love to make a pillow to match. I used the same Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice colors in Linen, Silver Blue, Navy & White so they would go perfectly on my couch with my crochet ripple blanket.
This crochet pillow pattern works up fairly quickly since it’s made up of all single crochets! To make one of these crochet throw pillows for yourself read on down for the full pillow tutorial with pictures & instructions.
Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice in
- White – less than 170 yards
- Silver Blue – less than 170 yards
- Navy – less than 170 yards
- Linen – less than 170 yards
Crochet hook size I 5.25 mm. I used a Boye Ergonomic Hook.
Three 1.5″ buttons
18″ x 18″ pillow – Find one “Here”
Written Instructions in English (US) Terms
Gauge is approx. 5 sc for every 2″
Finished Size: Fits an 18″ x 18″ Pillow
Add to Ravelry: “Here”
It helps to crochet over your ends as you join in new colors, leaving a few inches to fasten and secure with the yarn needle.
Find a tutorial “Here“ for that technique.
Ch = Chain
Sc = Single Crochet
Fr = Foundation Row
“Click Here” to purchase an AD-free PDF version of this pattern from my shop.
10% of every sale is donated to local animal shelters and rescues.
Striped Pillow Crochet Pattern
(pattern is worked in two pieces)
- Fr: Ch 39 with linen, in 2nd ch from the hook sc, sc in every st across, turn. (38)
- Row 1: Ch 1, in first st sc, sc in every st across, turn. (38)
- Row 2-6: Repeat row 1. (38)
- Row 7-12: Repeat row 1 with Navy. (38)
- Row 13-18: Repeat row 1 with Silver Blue. (38)
- Row 19-24: Repeat row 1 with White. (38)
- Rows 25-48: Repeat rows 1-24, fasten off. (38)
- Repeat First Piece directions up to Row 48. (38)
- Row 49 with Silver Blue ch 1, sc in first st, sc in every st across, turn. (38)
- Row 50: Repeat row 49. (38)
- Row 51-52: Repeat row 49 with White. (38)
- Row 53 -54: Repeat row 49 with Silver Blue. (38)
- Row 55-56: Repeat row 49 with White. (38)
- Row 57-58 Repeat row 49 with Silver Blue. (38)
- Row 59: with white ch 1, sc in first st, sc in next 3 st, ch 2, sk 2 st’s, sc in next 12 st’s, ch 2, sk 2 sts, sc in next 12 st’s, ch 2, sk 2 sts, sc in last 4 sts (32 st’s, 6 ch’s), turn. (38)
- Row 60: ch 1, sc in first st, sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in ch 2 space, sc in next 12 st’s, 2 sc in ch 2 space, sc in next 12 st’s, 2 sc in ch 2 space, sc in next 4 st’s. Fasten off. (38) (this row completes the button holes)
- Lay out both pieces with the first piece on top of the second making sure the ends that you crocheted over are on the inside (see picture) and make sure they line up. Now weave in the loose ends with a yarn needle and secure.
- Next, you will sc down the left side of the pieces with white holding them together, starting on Row 48 for a total of 47 sc’s, do 3 sc in the corner, next working along the bottom of the pillow sc across 37 times, do 3 sc in the corner, next working up the right side sc for a total of 47 sc’s, fasten off.
- Attach the 3 buttons (with a yarn needle and a 5 inch piece of cut yarn) evenly across the front of your pillow along the bottom of the silver blue row closest to the top. The 2nd piece (one on the bottom) will fold over and attach to the buttons.
I hope you enjoyed this crochet pillow pattern and as always thank you for stopping by! If you have any questions, please send me an email at Krista@rescuedpawdesigns.com or find me over on Instagram!
Don’t forget to stop over and check out my new apparel shop just for makers “Yarn Mamas“ or
“Click here” to purchase an AD-FREE PDF version of this pillow pattern.
A portion of all profit is donated to animal shelters & rescues.
Thank you for stopping by to check out my crochet patterns and Happy Crocheting!