When Red Heart Yarns asked if they could send me some of their scrubby yarn to try I was thrilled! I was even happier when I saw the colors they sent because the yellow and green cried out crochet pineapple!
These little crochet pineapples work up fast and make for a fun addition to any kitchen sink. There is even enough yarn left over to make a few with this skein!
Scroll on down for the full crochet pattern & tutorial.
- advanced beginner
- Less than 1 skien each of Red Heart Scrubby Sparkle Yarn in Lemon & Red Heart Scrubby Yarn in Green Tea
- crochet hook size H 5.00MM
- yarn needle
- sc = single crochet
- sc2tog = single crochet two together
- ch = chain
- hdc = half double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- You MAY sell items made from this pattern. If you choose to sell items made from any of my patterns, please link back to me at Rescued Paw Designs for credit. Do not use my photos to sell any items. Thank you for respecting my work.
- Finished Size = 6″ tall (with leaves) and 3″ wide
Crochet Pineapple Dish Scrubby Pattern
Row 1: starting with the Lemon yarn color, ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 3 ch’s, turn your work (4)
Row 2: ch 1, 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc, sc, 2 sc in next ch, turn your work. (6)
Row 3: ch 1, 2 sc , sc, sc, sc, sc, 2 sc in next st, turn your work. (8)
Row 4: ch 1, sc in first st and in every st across, turn your work. (8)
Row 5: repeat row 4 (8)
Row 6: repeat row 4 (8)
Row 7: repeat row 4 (8)
Row 8: repeat row 4 (8)
Row 9: repeat row 4 (8)
Row 10: ch 1, sc , sc, sc, sc2tog, sc, sc, sc, turn your work. (7)
Row 11: ch 1, sc , sc2tog, sc, sc2tog, sc, turn your work. (5)
Row 12: ch 1, sc , sc, sc2tog, sc, turn your work. (4)
Row 13: switch yarn colors to Tea Green * ch 1, sc , sc, sc, sc, turn your work. (4)
Row 14: repeat row 13 from *. (4)
Row 15: *ch 5, sc , hdc , hdc , dc, in next st, sl st in st from row 14, ch 5, repeat from * for a total of 4 leaves. fasten off and weave in loose ends.
I hope you enjoyed this crochet pineapple pattern. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I am more than happy to help in any way possible.