I have been dreaming about designing a smaller version (like a small baby blanket crochet pattern) of my Neutral Crochet Chevron pattern (find it “HERE“) and this little beauty of a ripple blanket was the result.
When I worked up this blanket I wrote it to be the perfect size for a baby / stroller blanket, but it can be easily adjusted with the directions provided below. I would love to see it made in a different size so please do try it and share it with me! 🙂 Another great bonus about this design is that it’s such a fast baby blanket crochet pattern to work up which is always a favorite!
I love unlimited color choices with my projects so I went straight to my favorite Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice and chose the colors Mustard & Linen. Most any color scheme would look great with this crochet baby blanket so have fun and be creative with it! 🙂
Like I said before this blanket works up pretty easily! It is easily one of the fastest baby blanket patterns!
I promise you can crochet this even if you are a beginner! So if you have been looking and looking through baby crochet patterns online then look no further!
Ready to try out this easy crochet baby blanket pattern? Scroll on down to find the free pattern so you can learn how to crochet a baby blanket or you can Click here to purchase an inexpensive, ad- free PDF in my pattern shop.
FREE BABY RIPPLE CROCHET BLANKET
- Advanced beginner
- Vanna’s Choice Yarn in Mustard & Linen approx 3 skeins each (1,020 yards) or any worsted weight (4) yarn
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 mm
- Yarn needle
- ch – chain
- hdc – half double crochet
- st – stitch
- Gauge is approx. 5 st’s for every 2″ . Each st is approx .5 ” in height.
- Click here to read why gauge is important to follow.
- Finished size as written is approximately a 34″ length & 28″ width.
- Add to your Ravelry library “Here“
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- To make in different sizes of this blanket, please use a multiple starting ch of 18 then add 2 to whatever length you have chosen.
- I recommend weaving in ends as you go.
- Here is a tutorial on changing colors if it is needed. Click here → “How to Change Colors in Crochet”
I hope you enjoy the FREE ripple blanket pattern below!
Foundation Row: Ch 72 + 2 with linen
Row 1: Starting in 2nd ch from hook hdc, *hdc once in each of the next 3 chs, hdc the next 2 ch’s together, hdc once in each of the next 3 ch’s, 2 hdc’s in the next ch, repeat from * until you are left with 4 ch’s, hdc once in the next 3 ch’s, in last ch do 2 hdc’s, turn. (73 )
Row 2: Ch 1, starting in the first st hdc, hdc once in each of the next 3 st’s, hdc the next 2 st’s together, hdc once in each of the next 3 st’s, 2 hdc’s in the next st, repeat from * until you are left with 4 st’s, hdc once in the next 3 st’s, in last st do 2 hdc’s, turn. ( 73)
Row 3: Change color to Mustard and repeat row 2 (73)
Row 4: Repeat row 2 (73)
Row 5: Change color to Linen and repeat row 2 (73)
Row 6: Repeat row 2 (73)
Row 7 – 34: Repeat row 2 alternating colors every 2 rows. (73)
Fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout the ripple blanket with a yarn needle.
If you have any questions about this baby ripple crochet blanket, please feel free to send me an email! I am more than happy to help in any way possible.