I have been dreaming about designing a smaller version of my Neutral Crochet Chevron pattern (find it “HERE“) and this little beauty of a ripple blanket was the result.
I wrote it to be the perfect size for a baby / stroller blanket, but it can be easily adjusted with the directions provided below.
When designing this piece I went straight to my favorite Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice and chose the colors Mustard & Linen. When crocheting this blanket you don’t have to use these particular colors.
Feel free to have fun with the colors and whatever color you pick will be perfect for you.
Click here to purchase an inexpensive, ad- free PDF in my pattern shop
- advanced beginner
- Vanna’s Choice Yarn in Mustard & Linen approx 3 skeins each (1,020 yards) or any worsted weight (4) yarn
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 mm
- Yarn needle
- ch – chain
- hdc – half double crochet
- st – stitch
- Gauge is approx. 5 st’s for every 2″ . Each st is approx .5 ” in height.
- Click here to read why gauge is important to follow.
- Finished size as written is approximately a 34″ length & 28″ width.
- Add to your Ravelry library “Here“
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- To make in different sizes of this blanket, please use a multiple starting ch of 18 then add 2 to whatever length you have chosen.
- I recommend weaving in ends as you go.
- Here is a tutorial on changing colors if it is needed. Click here → “How to Change Colors in Crochet”
I hope you enjoy the FREE ripple blanket pattern below! Happy Crocheting!
Baby Mini Ripple Crochet Blanket
- Foundation Row: Ch 72 + 2 with linen
- Row 1: Starting in 2nd ch from hook hdc, *hdc once in each of the next 3 chs, hdc the next 2 ch’s together, hdc once in each of the next 3 ch’s, 2 hdc’s in the next ch, repeat from * until you are left with 4 ch’s, hdc once in the next 3 ch’s, in last ch do 2 hdc’s, turn. (73 )
- Row 2: Ch 1, starting in the first st hdc, hdc once in each of the next 3 st’s, hdc the next 2 st’s together, hdc once in each of the next 3 st’s, 2 hdc’s in the next st, repeat from * until you are left with 4 st’s, hdc once in the next 3 st’s, in last st do 2 hdc’s, turn. ( 73)
- Row 3: Change color to Mustard and repeat row 2 (73)
- Row 4: Repeat row 2 (73)
- Row 5: Change color to Linen and repeat row 2 (73)
- Row 6: Repeat row 2 (73)
- Row 7 – 34: Repeat row 2 alternating colors every 2 rows. (73)
- Finishing: Fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout the ripple blanket with a yarn needle.
I hope you enjoyed this ripple blanket pattern. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
I am more than happy to help in any way possible.