I have been dreaming about designing a smaller version of my Neutral Crochet Chevron pattern (find it “HERE“) and this little beauty of a ripple blanket was the result. Read on down to find the full free pattern fro the baby ripple crochet blanket!
When I worked up this blanket I wrote it to be the perfect size for a baby / stroller blanket, but it can be easily adjusted with the directions provided below. I would love to see it made in a different size so please do try it and share it with me! 🙂 I love unlimited color choices with my projects so I went straight to my favorite Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice and chose the colors Mustard & Linen. Most any color scheme would look great with this blanket so have fun and be creative with it! 🙂
I promise you can crochet this even if you are a beginner! So, if you are ready to try out this fun pattern scroll on down to find the free pattern or you can Click here to purchase an inexpensive, ad- free PDF in my pattern shop. Happy Crocheting!
BABY RIPPLE CROCHET BLANKET
- Advanced beginner
- Vanna’s Choice Yarn in Mustard & Linen approx 3 skeins each (1,020 yards) or any worsted weight (4) yarn
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 mm
- Yarn needle
- ch – chain
- hdc – half double crochet
- st – stitch
- Gauge is approx. 5 st’s for every 2″ . Each st is approx .5 ” in height.
- Click here to read why gauge is important to follow.
- Finished size as written is approximately a 34″ length & 28″ width.
- Add to your Ravelry library “Here“
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- To make in different sizes of this blanket, please use a multiple starting ch of 18 then add 2 to whatever length you have chosen.
- I recommend weaving in ends as you go.
- Here is a tutorial on changing colors if it is needed. Click here → “How to Change Colors in Crochet”
I hope you enjoy the FREE ripple blanket pattern below!
- Foundation Row: Ch 72 + 2 with linen
- Row 1: Starting in 2nd ch from hook hdc, *hdc once in each of the next 3 chs, hdc the next 2 ch’s together, hdc once in each of the next 3 ch’s, 2 hdc’s in the next ch, repeat from * until you are left with 4 ch’s, hdc once in the next 3 ch’s, in last ch do 2 hdc’s, turn. (73 )
- Row 2: Ch 1, starting in the first st hdc, hdc once in each of the next 3 st’s, hdc the next 2 st’s together, hdc once in each of the next 3 st’s, 2 hdc’s in the next st, repeat from * until you are left with 4 st’s, hdc once in the next 3 st’s, in last st do 2 hdc’s, turn. ( 73)
- Row 3: Change color to Mustard and repeat row 2 (73)
- Row 4: Repeat row 2 (73)
- Row 5: Change color to Linen and repeat row 2 (73)
- Row 6: Repeat row 2 (73)
- Row 7 – 34: Repeat row 2 alternating colors every 2 rows. (73)
Fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout the ripple blanket with a yarn needle.
If you have any questions about this baby ripple crochet blanket, please feel free to send me an email! I am more than happy to help in any way possible.