I guess it’s ok to admit that I am a new (ish) knitter. I have started, restarted and gotten frustrated with many knit projects which resulted in me never actually finishing one until now! I am proud of myself for finishing this simple striped knit blanket and I have to type, shout, say that I really love knitting as much as I do crochet! 🙂
To make this simple striped knit blanket you will need 14 skeins of Vanna’s Choice yarn. Yep.. A lot! I held together two skeins together at once to make sure my blanket was extra cozy! You could also try it with one skein at a time, but you would need to use smaller knitting needles to make it work.
You can even see that I made a mistake with the dusty blue, and navy when I joined in the color on the wrong row. I was going to rip it back to fix it, but thought one “Hey, it gives it a little character” and two I was already way past the point of the mistake so there was no way I was ripping it out. 🙂
Oh well.. I still love it just as much! 💛 If you are ready to try to make this striped knit blanket for yourself, then scroll on down to find the full, FREE knit blanket pattern!
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Rescued Paw Designs unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link back to me at www.rescuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
IMAGES & CONTENT: The images and content of RescuedPawDesigns.com are protected by copyright laws. Do not distribute or copy the content without written permission. Do not edit or remove watermarks from any original image. Thank you for respecting my work.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIMPLE STRIPED KNIT BLANKET PATTERN
- Easy & Beginner Friendly
- Circular Knitting Needles 10mm – 36 in.
- Vanna’s Choice Yarn – 7 colors – 14 skeins – 2 of each color or 2,380 yards of worsted weight (4) yarn
- I used Mustard, White, Grey, Linen, Dusty Blue, Navy and Silver Blue Colors – Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand
- Yarn needle
- Finished size varies with starting stitches (ST)
- Entire blanket is worked while holding two skeins of yarn at the same time.
- Written in Standard US Terms
- Learn how to do the long tail cast on “here”
- Learn how to do the Knit Stitch “here”
- Learn how to change colors in Knitting “here”
- Learn how to cast off in Knitting “here”.
SIMPLE STRIPED KNIT BLANKET – THE PATTERN
- Foundation Row: While holding two strands together with first color cast on 50 ST’s
- Row 1: turn work and knit stitch in every ST across (50)
- Row 2 – 140: Repeat row 1 (50) changing color strands every 20 rows.
- Cast off and weave in loose ends throughout blanket with a yarn needle.
- You are done!
You are done! If you have any questions about this simple striped knit blanket, please feel free to ask! I’ll try the best I can to help you out!
While you are here be sure to check out my shop “Yarn Mamas” where I design tees, totes and more just for makers and a portion of your sale will be donated to animal rescues! You get a pretty awesome tee and the pups get some help! It’s a win win!