My newest pattern the puffed crochet headband is simple to crochet and can be worked up in no time at all! If you are looking for a quick go to project, then this one is for you. 🙂 Keep on scrolling down for the full, free crochet pattern!
This puffed crochet headband is designed in almost the same stitch sequence as “The Charlotte Blanket” except for this headband we are going to be using half double crochet’s and be working in the round. If you are beginner, you can easily work up this pattern fast and have a cozy, warm headband to show off to all your friends. Just half double crochets and single crochets are used… that’s it! 🙂
It really is that easy! Promise! 🙂
If you have 20 minutes, then you can make this headband! So go grab your hook, yarn and let’s get started!
Scroll on down to find the full, free pattern and happy crocheting!
PUFFED CROCHET HEADBAND PATTERN
- CH = chain
- SK = skip
- ST = stitch
- HDC = half double crochet
- SC = single crochet
- Crochet Hook 9mm
- Less than a skein of –Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick – in Hudson Bay or any super bulky 6 yarns.
- Large Yarn Needle
- When following gauge as written finished size is approx. 19″ circumference (unstretched / unworn) and 4″ tall.
- See notes below on how to make this headband bigger or smaller in size.
- Each sc, hdc, hdc cluster is approximately 1.5″
- Written in standard US terms
- To make this headband larger or smaller use a starting CH in a multiple of 3 (ex 3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39,42,45,48, etc.) and then follow the pattern as written decreasing or increasing rows as needed.
- “Click Here” to add to Ravelry.
- “Click Here” to purchase an AD-FREE PDF from my shop.
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Rescued Paw Designs unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link back to me at www.rescuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
IMAGES & CONTENT: The images and content of RescuedPawDesigns.com are protected by copyright laws. Do not distribute or copy the content without written permission. Do not edit or remove watermarks from any original image. Thank you for respecting my work.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CH 36, Join with a SL ST into first CH to form a circle, making sure not to twist. (36)
ROUND 1: CH 1, in second CH from the hook do 2 HDC’s, *SK next 2 CH’s do a SC, HDC, HDC in next ST, repeat from * around, join with a SL ST to top of the first HDC in the round.
ROUND 2: CH 1, in first ST do 2 HDC’s, *SK next 2 ST’s, in next ST, make a SC, HDC, HDC, repeat from * around, join with a SL ST to top of the first HDC.
ROUND 3 – 6: Repeat round 2 to finish the pattern.
Fasten off ends with scissors and weave all yarn ends into the headband securely with a yarn needle
I hoped you enjoyed this puffed crochet headband and if you have any questions at all please feel free to ask!
Also, don’t forget to check out my shop just for makers “Yarn Mamas” where I design tees, totes and more! A portion of all profits will be donated to a local animal shelter each month! It’s a win win! You get a cool tee and the pups get some help!