My newest crochet pattern is the rippling crochet flower which is an easy pattern to work up and would look great as an embellishment on most any crochet project! Enjoy and Happy Making! 🙂
To make these simple flowers you will need some cotton yarn, I used Lily Sugar N Cream Yarn (My favorite cotton yarn!) from Yarnspirations in beach glass & hot pink but any color will work. In the center of my flower I used the same yarn but in Ecru.
To start the rippling crochet flower you will need to chain 4 then connect the yarn to the first chain to form a circle, next chain 1 then work 10 single crochets into that circle and finally slip stitch to the first single crochet to connect.Make this Rippling Crochet flower with this FREE crochet pattern today!Click To Tweet
To finish up the last round you need to chain 2 and do a total of 49 double crochets around the flower which I explaain below in detail in the pattern. The center is just a puff like stitch in the Ecru yarn and then attached with a yarn needle.
That’s it! So simple right? I’ll let you in on a little secret. I have a vision of attaching these to a wreath with some leaves in a contrasting color so maybe a new pattern will be coming soon!? 🙂 Check it out below! Do you think it will look good? We will see!
To get the free pattern scroll on down or you can use printfriendly.com to print out this pattern without all the ads. Either way I hope you enjoy it!
Happy Crocheting Friends!
Rippling Crochet Flower Pattern
- Advanced Beginner
- Lily Sugar’n Cream yarn or any (4) cotton yarn
- Size H crochet hook 5mm
- Yarn needle
- sc = single crochet
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- sl st= slip stitch
- hdc = half double crochet
- If you would like to make this flower smaller use a smaller hook size than indicted and the same goes it you would prefer to make it bigger just use a bigger hook size.
- Gauge is not important for this project.
- Written in standard US terms.
- Add to hats, blankets or anything you can think of!
- SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Rescued Paw Designs unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link back to me at www.rescuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
- IMAGES & CONTENT: The images and content of RescuedPawDesigns.com are protected by copyright laws. Do not distribute or copy the content without written permission. Do not edit or remove watermarks from any original image from RescuedPawdesigns.com. If you would like to share an image, please only use 1 with a link back to RPD. Thank you for respecting my work.
- TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on RPD with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email email@example.com.
MAIN FLOWER PATTERN
SL ST to first CH to form a circle.
CH 1, SC 10 times into center of circle, join with a SL ST into first SC. (10)
CH 2, DC 4 times into the first ST, *DC 5 times into the next ST, Repeat from * around for a total of 49 DC’s, SL ST into the 2nd DC of the round to finish off the round. (49)
FLOWER CENTER PATTERN
With Ecru color yarn CH 3, Work a HDC in the first CH, but before pulling through the last 3 loops on the hook, start another HDC in the same stitch this time pulling through all the loops on the hook, fasten off and securely attach to the center of the completed flower you just finished.
Using a yarn needle, weave in loose ends through the flower.
That’s it! You are done! Now you can attach these cute flowers to a project or just give them as is. I mentioned it before, but I’m thinking about adding them to a wreath project, which I have never done so we will see how it turns out! Wish me luck! 🙂
If you have any questions about this rippling crochet flower pattern, please let me know by leaving me a comment or sending me a message through my contact form at the top of the page.