The Isle Wave crochet wrap is perfect to cozy up in and stay warm on a cool spring morning! It is almost big enough to be considered a crochet blanket wrap pattern! And why not sometimes big over sized wrap crochet patterns are needed for maximum coziness! 🙂
When I showed my daughter this design she called is a scarfket (scarf + blanket) and I love the name! Maybe we can start a new trend? If you want to stay cozy warm, look pretty cool if you ask me and say you made something yourself then this is the pattern for you!
I used Vanna’s Choice Yarn by Lion Brand in the colorway Linen for the entire wrap which can be easily found online, in most craft stores and at bigger brands like Walmart. This design is worked in a simple stitch repeat so it’s the kind of pattern you’d sit down on the couch, turn on Netflix and crochet away with! I promise this an easy crochet wrap pattern for sure. It also helps that I love easy, simple and fast so those are the kind of crochet patterns I tend to design.
Ready to get started yet? By now I am sure you have decided that this is a pretty awesome wrap pattern and you HAVE to make it! (wink wink) Well at least I’m hoping and If so, read on down to find the full wrap crochet pattern and get those hooks moving today!
Be sure to check out my YouTube tutorial below to learn how to do the crochet wrap stitch repeat if you are more of a visual learner!
And don’t forget to hit the subscribe button so you never miss out on a new YouTube tutorial!
- Size J crochet hook 6.mm
- Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand in Linen (less than 4 skeins or 680 yards)
- Yarn needle
- Gauge is approx. 5 st’s for every 2″ . Each st is approx .5 ” in height.
- Click here to read why gauge is important to follow.
- Add to Ravlery
- Finished size varies on what starting chain is used.
- As written finished size is 14″ wide and 76″ long.
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- To make different sizes of this crochet wrap, please use a multiple starting ch of 18 then add 2 to whatever length you have chosen.
- I recommend weaving in ends as you go.
- Here is a tutorial on changing colors if it is needed. Click here for the written tutorial. Click here for the video tutorial.
Here is a video tutorial on how to half double crochet two together.
Crochet Wrap Pattern
To start: Ch 38
Row 1: Starting in 2nd ch from hook hdc, *hdc once in each of the next 3 chs, hdc the next 2 ch’s together, hdc once in each of the next 3 ch’s, 2 hdc’s in the next ch, repeat from * until you are left with 4 ch’s, hdc once in the next 3 ch’s, in last ch do 2 hdc’s, turn. (37 )
Row 2: Ch 1, starting in the first st hdc, hdc once in each of the next 3 st’s, hdc the next 2 st’s together, hdc once in each of the next 3 st’s, 2 hdc’s in the next st, repeat from * until you are left with 4 st’s, hdc once in the next 3 st’s, in last st do 2 hdc’s, turn. (37)
Row 3-124 : Repeat Row 2 for the pattern.
Finishing: Fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout this ripple crochet wrap with a yarn needle.