This double crochet cluster blanket is so fun to make and works up fast! The color combinations this can be worked in are endless and can be used to create some fun designs! Keep on scrolling down for the full, FREE crochet pattern!
DOUBLE CROCHET CLUSTER BLANKET
- 3 skeins of yarn of your choice – I used Red Heart Soft (4) yarn in Tangerine, Turquoise & Teal.
- Crochet hook – I used size J 6 mm
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Rescued Paw Designs unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link back to me at www.rescuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
IMAGES & CONTENT: The images and content of RescuedPawDesigns.com are protected by copyright laws. Do not distribute or copy the content without written permission. Do not edit or remove watermarks from any original image from RescuedPawdesigns.com. If you would like to share an image, please only use 1 with a link back to RPD. Thank you for respecting my work.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on RPD with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I never cut off the ends of each color I just let the yarn hang and pulled up to the row when I needed it again. It worked out perfect because i had no loose ends to weave in!!
- To start chain an odd number
- Chain 3, Crochet 2 Double Crochets in the 4th chain from the hook (1st CLUSTER!!) skip a chain, then crochet 2 Double Crochets again, Keep doing this until the end of the chain make sure to end with 1 Double Crochet ( not 2!!)
- Chain 3, Crochet 1 double crochet in the same place (to make a cluster!!) Crochet 2 double crochets between the first and second Double Crochet cluster of the last row, repeat this until the end of the row, make sure to end with 2 double crochets this time!! (Let’s keep it even!!)
- Chain 3, Crochet 2 Double Crochets in the first and second cluster of the previous round. Crochet 2 Double Crochets between every cluster of the previous row until the end of the current row. Make sure to end with 1 double crochet ( not 2!!)
- Chain 3, Crochet 1 Double Crochet in the same spot. Crochet 2 Double Crochets in the first and second cluster of the previous row. Crochet 2 Double Crochets between every cluster of the previous row until the end of the current row. Make sure to end with 2 double crochets this time!! (Let’s keep it even!!)
- Continue pattern until desired length is obtained!! 🙂
- Finish up with a border design of your choice!! I ended my blanket up with a double crochet and then a single crochet.
Thanks for checking out my double crochet cluster blanket pattern, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!