I am happy to say that I am going to be an aunt again this summer. My sister (soon to be mom) is decorating the new baby’s nursery in a woodland theme. With that theme in mind I was inspired to crochet a blanket for this little bundle to match in the perfect forest colors the Woodland Inspired Crochet Blanket!
Perfect Beginner Project!
This crochet blanket design is a perfect beginner project and easy to make since it only uses single crochets. The border is a wavy design made up of slip stitches, single and half double crochets to make it a little more delicate looking. If you are new to crochet this would be a great project to try to build up your crochet skills. It is easy! I promise! 🙂
I used 4 different colors of Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn from Michaels Craft Stores in Pumpkin, Chocolate Brown, True Grey and Deep Forest. I found this yarn easy to work with and the price is just perfect! If you can’t get this particular type of yarn I recommend Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice as a great substitute which can be found online and at most craft stores.
Ready to get started?
Read on down for the full FREE pattern & tutorial or if you prefer you can purchase an AD-FREE PDF version of this pattern “here” in my pattern shop. Happy Crocheting Friends!
FREE CROCHET BLANKET PATTERN by RESCUED PAW DESIGNS
- SC= Single Crochet
- CH= Chain
- ST= Stitch
- SLST= Slip Stitch
- HDC= Half Double Crochet
- Crochet hook US 6.00 MM
- Worsted Weight Yarn – 4 different colors (2 skeins of each color – Impeccible yarn from Michaels) or yarn of your choice.
- Yarn needle
- Written is Standard US Terms.
- “Click Here” for the PDF version.
- Foundation Chain: CH 64 with your first color of choice
- ROW 1: CH 1, Starting in 2nd CH from hook SC, SC in each CH across row, turn. (64)
- ROW 2: CH 1 SC in each ST across row, turn (64)
- ROW 3: CH 1 SC in each ST across row, turn (64)
- ROW 4: CH 1 SC in each ST across row change colors here if you choose, turn (64)
- ROW 5-8: Repeat Row 1-4 with second color
- ROW 9-12: Repeat Row 1-4 with third color
- ROW 13-16: Repeat Row 1-4 with fourth color
- ROW 17-22: CH 1 SC in each ST across row with first color turn repeat this until you have 6 rows remember to only change color at the end of ROW 22
- ROW 23-28: Repeat Row 17-22 with second color
- ROW 29-34: Repeat Row 17-22 with third color
- ROW 35-40: Repeat Row 17-22 with fourth color
- ROW 41-48: CH 1 SC in each ST across with first color row turn repeat this until you have 8 rows remember to only change color at the end of ROW 48
- ROW 49-56: Repeat Row 41-48 with second color
- ROW 57-64: Repeat Row 41-48 with third color
- ROW 65-72: Repeat Row 41-48 with fourth color
- ROW 73-82: CH 1 SC in each ST across with first color row turn repeat this until you have 10 rows remember to only change color at the end of ROW 82
- ROW 83-92: Repeat Row 73-82 with second color
- ROW 93-102: Repeat Row 73-82 with third color
- ROW 103- 112: Repeat Row 73-82 with fourth color
- Weave in loose ends throughout with yarn needle
- Use your color of choice
- ROW 1: with Right Side facing you SC in each ST across to corner (64 SC), 3 SC in corner, continue along sides ( remember to do 3 SC in every corner) Join with SL ST to first SC
- ROW 2: Repeat Row 1
- ROW 3: SL ST in next 3 chains, HDC in next 3 CH’s, repeat this pattern the entire length of border. Join with SL ST at end.
YOU ARE FINISHED!!!
Finished size with Border is Approximately 26″ X 40″ Inches.
Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!