Last Updated on
Today I wanted to share a quick and fun tutorial on how to crochet a hot pad! This bobble crochet pattern to use at your next patriotic event. Think how great this would be for picnics to celebrate Memorial Day, the Fourth of July and even Labor Day!
To get started with this easy crochet hot pad pattern you will need cotton yarn, a size F (3.75mm) crochet hook and just one hour! It is that easy and quick.. promise! It really is a great beginner friendly pattern. 🙂
I will be using this next weekend at my picnic for a casserole dish and to also keep my picnic table safe! Plus, it is always nice to add a little festive touch to any party!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Make this simple Crochet Hot pad today! Free Pattern!” quote=”Make this simple Crochet Hot pad today! “]
Ready to get started? Keep on reading down for the full, FREE hot pad pattern!
FREE HOT PAD CROCHET PATTERN
- Beginner Friendly
- Size US 3.75 MM F Crochet Hook
- Cotton Yarn (I used Lily Sugar’ n Cream in Red & Red,White & Blue)
- Yarn Needle
- CH = Chain
- ST = Stitch
- SC = Single Crochet
- Written in Standard US terms
- Chain (CH) 34 with Red
- ROW 1: Single Crochet (SC) into second CH from Hook, SC across Row, Turn, CH1
- ROW 2: Single Crochet (SC) into second ST from Hook, SC across Row, Turn, CH1
- ROW 3: In first ST, SC, *Yarn Over (YO), pull up loop, YO, Draw Hook through 2 loops, (4 Times) ,Pull through all Loops on Hook to Create Bobble, SC, SC, Repeat from * Across Until end of Row, end with 1 SC, Turn, CH 1.
- ROW 4: In first ST, SC Across entire Row, Change Colors to Red,White & Blue. (You can use my tutorial here if you need help with Changing Colors) CH1, Turn
- ROW 5: In first ST, SC, next do a SC, SC, *Yarn Over (YO), pull up loop, YO, Draw Hook through 2 loops, (4 Times) ,Pull through all Loops on Hook to Create Bobble, SC, SC, Repeat from * Across Until end of Row, end with 2 SC. CH 1 , Turn
- ROW 6: In first ST, SC, SC Across entire Row, Change Color to Red. (You can use my tutorial here if you need help with Changing Colors) CH1, Turn
- Repeat Rows 3-6 until you reach a total of 20 Rows, Do not Tie Off
- Weave in Loose ends with a yarn needle
- Use Red Yarn that was left from last Row of SC and SC across Outside of Hot Pad, Making Sure to do 3 SC in every corner. When you reach the Beginning SC, Slip Stitch to Starting SC. Weave in Loose Ends and
YOU ARE DONE!!
If you have any questions about this hot pad pattern, please feel free to ask!