Have you ever wondered how to add fringe to a crochet scarf ? Well, wonder no more! Read on down to find the full tutorial on how to add fringe to crochet projects and I promise it’s easy! Have fun adding fringe to most any crochet project you can think of. I have added mine to quite a bit of projects and will share them below. Read on down to find the adding fringe to crochet tutorial.
Adding fringe is a easy and quick way to add pizzazz (do people use that word?) to a crochet project. I LOVE to add fringe to scarfs and blankets, but any project would work! I’ve added it to my Gracelyn Fringe Scarf and my Fabulously Fall Scarf in the past. You could even make a crochet fringe top too.
To make fringe you will need to have some materials such as yarn, crochet hook and scissors! I used Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand for this example and a Size J crochet hook. If you have a different weight yarn that will work to but be sure to use the correct hook size with it.
Follow the tutorial below to get started today and learn how to add fringe to crochet projects! You will love the way crochet fringe edging looks! I promise. 🙂
HOW TO ADD FRINGE TO CROCHET
- Gather your Project and Yarn you would like to use for your fringe. Cut Lengths of the Yarn Double the Amount of Fringe length desired.
- Fold Yarn Pieces in Half evenly.
- Insert Hook into first stitch to be fringed and put 1 piece of cut yarn that was folded in half onto hook.
- Pull yarn through stitch.
- Yarn Over and pull through to tighten.
You Made Fringe!!!
- The first 3 fringes are using only 1 piece of yarn and the second 3 are using two pieces of yarn at once. You could make fringe eitehr way in crochet! They both would look good!
- Evenly cut pieces of fringe to desired length.
Congratulations! You are done making fringe for your crochet project!
Until next time..
Happy Crocheting Friends!
PS: Want more free crochet patterns? Check out my suggestion below to make even more projects with easy free crochet patterns!