Last Updated on
This crochet wrap button bracelet is a simple project and can easily be customized to whatever you prefer! My daughter loves hers and was eager to let me take pictures and show it off!
I used spring like color buttons for my design, but I can imagine this with brown, tan, off white natural tones too! My daughter needed a starting chain of 40 for and I made sure it could be easily wrapped around twice. Just as a reminder, please make sure to use soft jute twine so it is not scratchy! Kid do not like scratchy things! 🙂
Your starting chain may be more or less depending on the person it is intended for, just make sure to measure before you start your bracelet. 🙂 If you are ready to make this easy bracelet then scroll on down for the pattern.
CROCHET WRAP BUTTON BRACELET PATTERN
- Soft Jute Twine
- Buttons small and 1 large (from Michael’s) or 4-Ounce Big Bag of Buttons, Multi from Amazon
- Sewing needle
- Crochet hook size F 3.75 MM
- To make bigger or smaller measure the person’s wrist before starting and use the corresponding chain needed.
- Buttons can be switched out to whatever you prefer! I can imagine this bracelet with red, white and blue buttons and even with some holiday buttons for winter. Have fun with it!
- Leave a long 5 inch tail of twine, then Ch 40 with twine
- Cut twine with about a 2 inch piece left and attach to the large button with a needle. Fasten off making sure the button is firmly attached.
- Go back to 5 inch piece of twine at the beginning of your start chain and from a loop then tie around beginning knot and weave in to secure the loop firmly.
- Cut a 15 inch piece of twine and attach to large sewing needle. Start attaching buttons to the chain. I weaved up through the first chain, up through the backside of the button, then back back through the button and chain. I repeated this process (skipping a chain in between each button) until I reached the end my chain 40.
- Securely fasten off the twine.
- Wrap around twice around wrist and wrap the loop around button to secure.
- You are done!
I hope you enjoy making this Crochet Wrap Button Bracelet and If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on my Facebook page or through my contact page here on the site! 🙂