This crochet ear warmer pattern is the perfect way to stay warm in the chilly winter months. This simple pattern is quick, easy and would be perfect to give as a gift! This really is a great earwarmer pattern for beginners to try. Scroll on down to check the free crochet headband pattern to get started.
CHAINED CROCHET EARWARMER PATTERN
Before we get started, I wanted to mention that this crochet headband pattern is part of a larger list of awesome designs that were released this month called Project Crochet! (You can find the links to all their projects at the bottom of this post) This chained crochet headband pattern (Or ear warmer depending on what you prefer to call it) is a simple pattern that takes little time to make.
When deciding on what yarn to use I choose one of my favorites Lion Brand Woolspun because it’s soft, easy to work with and comes in a variety of beautiful colors! Did I mention that it is extremely warm! I highly suggest using this yarn because it really will make this the best chunky crochet ear warmer pattern!
ENOUGH YARN TO MAKE TWO!
Plus, as a bonus, there is enough yarn in each skein that you can make at least 2 headbands out of it! It’s a Win Win! This This easy crochet ear warmer is extremely simple to make because I only used the half double crochet stitch which makes this headband work up pretty fast! The simple stitches also make it a great beginner friendly project! I think it would be a perfect pattern to start with for someone who is just learning how to crochet!
WANT A PDF?
If you think you are ready to learn how to crochet a headband earwarmer, then keep on scrolling on down to find the FREE pattern and photo tutorial! If you’d prefer an AD-FREE PDF version of this pattern click the button below to purchase a copy. Thank you for your support!
“Click Here” to purchase.
FREE CROCHET EARWARMER PATTERN
- crochet hook size J
- 40 yards of Lions brand WoolSpun in Linen or any bulky yarn (5)
- yarn needle
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch = chain
- rep = repeat
- st = stitch
- bl = back loop
- This pattern written for an adult (fits a 20-22″ circumference when finished) and has a 4″ width, but can easily be customized for any size by subtracting or adding any # of stitches.
- You will need to make sure you have 8 stitches for every 4 inches of headband for the correct fit.
- gauge is very important for proper sizing – Learn more about what gauge is and why it is so important here.
Add to Ravelry
Round 1: ch 44, sl st to first ch forming a circle, making sure not to twist ch.
Round 2: ch 1, hdc in every st around (44), sl st to the top of first hdc NOT the ch1
Round 3: ch 1, sc in every st around in the bl only (44), sl st to to the top of first sc, not ch 1.
Round 4: rep round 2.
Round 5: rep round 3.
Round 6: rep round 2.
Round 7: rep round 3
Round 8: rep round 2. do not fasten off.
Finishing: Without fastening off ch 25 (this is still connected to the ear warmer) then wrap around the seam of the ear warmer 3 times, sl st to top of first hdc of last round, fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout!
You are done!
I hope you enjoy making this crochet ear warmer pattern for beginners! Now that you are a pro at headband making why now whip up some of these quick crochet ear warmers for everyone you know! 🙂
Connect with us!
f you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on my Facebook page! If you liked this crochet headband, then you may also like my other pattern below that is quite similar!
Below is the awesome list of other great crochet projects so don’t forget to check them out!
- Crochet X Pillow Pattern | Persia Lou
- Learn To Crochet eBook | Twin Dragonfly Designs
- Crochet On Edge Fleece Blanket Tutorial | the Friendly Red Fox
- Crochet Chained Ear warmer | Rescued Paw Designs
- Fabulous Free Crochet Patterns | Seven Thirty Three
- Cozy Striped Crochet Infinity Scarf | Flamingo Toes
- Crochet Hooded Cowl | Sugar Bee Crafts
- Crochet Pillow Cover | Seven Alive
You May Also Like..
- 15 Simple Christmas Crochet Ideas
- Free Crochet Granny Shawl Pattern
- Softest Yarn For Crochet Blankets
- 7 Free Crochet Gift Ideas For Friends
- 3 Easy Blocking Crochet Techniques
- 5 Quick & Easy Crochet Patterns to Make