As a crocheter I am already dreaming of winter and all the patterns I can create with my ever growing yarn stash. Hence the name for my newest design the Dreaming of Winter Crochet Beanie was created! Read on down to find the full, FREE winter crochet beanie pattern!
This pattern is written to work well with with “Red Heart Soft” yarn, which is true to its name and is very “soft”. I have used it in the past to make projects like my “Simple Striped Blanket” which my son still sleeps with every night! You could use a different yarn if you prefer and get the same results! If you’d like to try a different yarn then I would suggest Vanna’s Choice. by Lion Brand Yarn. 🙂
This particular design has a lot of texture versus a typical hdc or dc beanie pattern which makes it a fun alternative! I hope you all enjoy the FREE Dreaming of Winter Crochet Beanie Pattern! Read on down for the full free pattern! 🙂
- Red heart soft yarn in off white – approximately 125 yards –> find it here on Amazon
- Crochet hook size J – 6.00 mm
- Yarn needle
- You MAY sell items made from this pattern. If you choose to sell items made from any of my patterns please link back to me at Rescuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Do not use my photos to sell any items. Thank you for respecting my work.
- Finished size: Child/ Teen: 8″ length and 20″ circumference (but easily stretches if needed)
- Ch 3’s do NOT count as a stitch
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- sc = single crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- st = stitch
- fpdc = front post double crochet (Tutorial —> “How to do front & back post stitches”)
- sk = skip
Dreaming of Winter Crochet Beanie Pattern
Round 1: ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook, sl st to top of first dc. (12)
Round 2: ch 3, * 2 fpdc’s around first dc from previous round, repeat from * around, sl st to top of first fpdc. (24)
Round 3: ch 3, *dc, fpdc around same st as dc, repeat from * around, sl st to top of first dc. (48)
Round 4: ch 3, fpdc around second st from previous round, go back and fpdc around the first st from previous round(forms a criss cross), *skip 1 st, fpdc around next st from previous round, go back to sk st and fpdc around that st, repeat from * around, sl st to top of first st. (48)
Round 5: ch 3, dc 2 times in between criss cross and every criss cross around (see picture example), sl st to top of first dc. (48)
Round 6-15: alternate round 4 & 5 (48)
Round 16: ch 1, sc, sc into top of every st around, sl st to top of first sc. (48)
Round 17-19: repeat round 16. (48)
Finishing: fasten off securely after round 19 and weave in loose ends with yarn needle.
Have any questions? Please feel free to ask!
I hope you enjoyed this Dreaming of Winter Crochet Beanie Pattern. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I am more than happy to assist in any way possible.
You may also like…