With so many crochet stitches to pick from this ultimate list of 31 stitches to try will be your last stop before making that next afghan or throw! Read on down to find this packed list of step by step crochet stitches so you can get started today on your next project!
Crochet Stitches shown above are as follows
So many Unique Crochet Stitches to learn!
When I was first starting to crochet I used the basic of all crochet stitches the single crochet. This one is still a favorite of mine and can be extremely useful for beginner crocheters! But once I researched I was amazed to find out how many unique crochet stitches for blankets were out there!
Try all the Gorgeous Crochet Stitches
With the list below I hope that you will find some different crochets stitches to try on your next blanket or afghan that you haven’t tried before! Even if you still liked to stick with the single crochet stitch there are some great variations of that basic (but useful) stitch below that you may like to take a peek at.
You may like these favorite blanket patterns of mine too
Some of my favorites stitches to use
Even to this day almost 5 years after starting this blog my go to stitch is the basic half double crochet stitch closely followed by the single crochet. I love basic simple stitches and design a lot of my blanket around them. I usually use a combination of these stitches in most of my designs like the Single Stitch Chevron Blanket and the Blanket Stitch Throw Blanket.
Get Started Today on your next project!
Now that I wrote about my favorite stitches read on down to find the huge list of crochet blanket stitches and maybe learn some new crochet stitches that may become your favorite too! Happy Crochet Stitch Looking and please feel free to ask me any questions you my have!
31 Stunning Crochet Stitches for Blankets
- Blanket Stitch from Rescued Paw Designs
- Spike Stitch from Rescued Paw Designs
- Bobble Stitch from Dream a Little Bigger
- Waffle Stitch from Mama in A Stitch
- Sand Stitch from Rescued Paw Designs
- Block Stitch from Dream a Little Bigger
- Shell Stitch by Persia Lou
- Easy Crochet Chevron Stitch from Rescued Paw Designs
- Primrose Crochet Stitch from Rescued Paw Designs
- Lemon Peel Stitch by Persia Lou
- Mini Bean Stitch by Heart Hook Home
- Single Crochet Chevron Stitch from Rescued Paw Designs
- Granite Stitch by Moogly
- Half Double Crochet Stitch by Rescued Paw Designs
- Classic Ripple Stitch by Rescued Paw Designs
- Cluster Stitch by Hopeful Honey
- Cable Stitch by Look At What I Made
- Ribbed Half Double Crochet Stitch by Yarn & Chai
- Granny Ripple Stitch By Rescued Paw Designs
- Larksfoot Stitch by Oombawka Design Crochet
- Purl Slip Stitch by Mama in A Stitch
- Suzette Stitch by Make and Do Crew
- Floret Stitch by The Unraveled Mitten
- Popcorn Stitch by Rescued Paw Designs
- Honey Comb Trellis Stitch by Daisy Cottage Designs
- Tulip Stitch by The Unraveled Mitten
- Granny Stripe Stitch by Hopeful Honey
- Mesh Stitch by Rescued Paw Designs
- Basket Weave Stitch by Make and Do Crew
- Side Saddle Stitch by Make and Do Crew
- Tunisian Simple Stitch by Bhooked Crochet
That’s it for this big list of crochet stitches for blankets!
Please let me know which one is your favorite stitch pattern out of this list. If you have any more ideas of stitches that I missed but are your go to crochet stitches then leave a link below so I can check them out!
Follow along with me on Social
You can follow along with me on Pinterest (for even more free crochet patterns or on Instagram. (where I share my original crochet designs). Also, if you have any questions at all please feel free to email me at krista [at] rescuedpawdesigns.com. Thanks for being here to check out this list I put together!
You may also like these free crochet patterns too
- Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 7 Blanket Crochet Charity Patterns For Donations
- Color Blocked Simple Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Free Chunky Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Super Chunky Chevron Crochet Blanket
- Alissa Easy Crochet Throw Blanket
PS: Don’t forget to join the Private RPD Maker Facebook Group to share all your creations and ask questions you may have about any of the crochet stitches listed above! “Join Now“
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Rescued Paw Designs unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link back to me at www.rescuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
IMAGES & CONTENT: The images and content of RescuedPawDesigns.com are protected by copyright laws. Do not distribute or copy the content without written permission. Do not edit or remove watermarks from any original image from RescuedPawdesigns.com. If you would like to share an image, please only use 1 with a link back to RPD. Please use the original image with no overlays or additional text.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on RPD with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.