Today I wanted to share a quick and fun tutorial on how to crochet a hot pad! This bobble pattern is perfect to use at your next patriotic event! Think how great this would be for picnics to celebrate Memorial Day, the Fourth of July and even Labor Day!
This post contains affiliate links to products for your convenience. If you purchase via my links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Make this Easy hotpad
It is easy to get started with this easy crochet hot pad pattern! To begin, you will need cotton yarn, a size F (3.75mm) crochet hook, and just one hour! It is that easy and quick. Promise! It is a great beginner friendly pattern which is always a favorite around here.
Scroll on down to learn how to crochet a hotpad today!
Crochet Hotpad in Red, White & Blue!
I made my example with Lily Sugar ‘N Cream Yarn in a fun red, white and blue color way which is perfect for the Fourth of July & more! I’ll link up the yarn below so you can check it out and see what I mean!
Check out the yarn that is perfect for this crocheted hotpad!
Perfect to use at Picnics!
I will be using this next weekend at my picnic for my casserole dish! It also helps that it will keep my picnic table safe! This hot pad always makes for a fun way to add a little festive touch to a party!
Ready to get started?
If you are ready to learn how to make a red, white and blue hot pad with bobbles, then keep on scrolling down for the FREE pattern!
Happy Hot Pad Crocheting!
FREE HOT PAD CROCHET PATTERN
- Size US 3.75 MM F Crochet Hook
- Cotton Yarn (I used Lily Sugar’ n Cream in Red & Red,White & Blue)
- Yarn Needle
- CH = Chain
- ST = Stitch
- SC = Single Crochet
- Written in Standard US terms
- Chain (CH) 34 with Red
- ROW 1: Single Crochet (SC) into second CH from Hook, SC across Row, Turn, CH1
- ROW 2: Single Crochet (SC) into second ST from Hook, SC across Row, Turn, CH1
- ROW 3: In first ST, SC, *Yarn Over (YO), pull up loop, YO, Draw Hook through 2 loops, (4 Times) ,Pull through all Loops on Hook to Create Bobble, SC, SC, Repeat from * Across Until end of Row, end with 1 SC, Turn, CH 1.
- ROW 4: In first ST, SC Across entire Row, Change Colors to Red,White & Blue. (You can use my tutorial here if you need help with Changing Colors) CH1, Turn
- ROW 5: In first ST, SC, next do a SC, SC, *Yarn Over (YO), pull up loop, YO, Draw Hook through 2 loops, (4 Times) ,Pull through all Loops on Hook to Create Bobble, SC, SC, Repeat from * Across Until end of Row, end with 2 SC. CH 1 , Turn
- ROW 6: In first ST, SC, SC Across entire Row, Change Color to Red. (You can use my tutorial here if you need help with Changing Colors) CH1, Turn
- Repeat Rows 3-6 until you reach a total of 20 Rows, Do not Tie Off
- Weave in Loose ends with a yarn needle
- Use Red Yarn that was left from the last Row of SC and SC across Outside of Hot Pad, Making Sure to do 3 SC in every corner. When you reach the Beginning SC, Slip Stitch to Starting SC. Weave in Loose Ends and
YOU ARE DONE!!
If you have any questions about this hot pad pattern, please feel free to ask!