My newest design, the color-blocked crochet cowl pattern is a great project for a new crocheter because it is worked entirely of single crochets! If you have been looking for an easy beginner friendly cowl, then this crochet pattern is for you! Scroll on down to find the full, free color-blocked cowl pattern!
Are you looking for even more crochet cowls to make? I can help! Explore the crochet cowl/scarves archive for endless inspiration.
This post contains affiliate links to products for your convenience. If you purchase via my links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
If you love simple patterns I am so excited for you to try this cowl! It is beginner-friendly and uses one basic stitch. Read on down to find out the perfect yarn, and learn about the stitch!
Happy Cowl Making!
The Yarn that’s perfect for this simple cowl
I decided to use my go-to yarn, Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice because of the beautiful color choices available. I wanted a color-blocked look, so I picked three of my favorite colors and started working! If color blocking isn’t for you (weaving in ends), then this can be made in one color instead. 🙂
For the design shown, I used the colorways pink, raspberry, and charcoal. Feel free to mix up your color choices to create something that is uniquely yours.
The Crochet Stitch
To crochet this cowl, you will need to know one stitch! The Single Crochet! If you can single crochet, then you can make this easy crochet cowl quickly! Promise.
Read on down to get started, and I hope you enjoy this simple crochet design! Also, don’t forget to have fun with all the color possibilities!
Happy Crocheting Friends!
THE LEIGH COLORBLOCKED CROCHET COWL PATTERN
- Approx. 90 – 100 yards each of Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn in Barley, Oatmeal, & Grey Marble (affiliate link)
- Crochet hook size J 6.00 MM (affiliate link)
- Yarn needle
- sc = single crochet
- ch = chain
- sl st = slip stitch
- Gauge is approximately 12 sc for every 4″
- Approximately a 26″ circumference and 14″ height – One size fits most
- Always sl st into the first sc, not the sl st or ch 1.
- If you need some help changing colors in crochet here is a tutorial on How to Change Colors in Crochet.
- You may sell items that you make with this pattern. If you chose to sell an item made with this pattern please link back to me at www.recuedpawdesigns.com for credit. Thank you for respecting my work.
- Add this to your Ravelry library here ⇒ LEIGH COWL by RESCUED PAW DESIGNS
- Written in standard US terms
THE COLOR BLOCKED COWL PATTERN
Round 1: using color A, ch 70, making sure not to twist sl st to first ch to form a circle. (70)
Round 2: ch 1, (starting in 2nd ch from hook) sc, sc in every ch around, sl st to top of first sc. (70)
Round 3: ch1, starting in first st sc, sc in every st around, sl st to top of first sc. (70)
Round 4-15: repeat round 3. (70)
Round 16-30: using color B, repeat round 3. (70)
Round 31-45: using color C, repeat round 3. (70)
Finishing: Fasten off yarn & weave in loose ends with yarn needle. You are done!
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you liked this color-blocked cowl pattern and I would LOVE to see your finished cowls on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #rescuedpawdesigns.
Want more free crochet patterns like this?