Welcome to Rescued Paw Designs! Do you love to Crochet? Love Yarn? You will find 100’s of the best free crochet patterns as well as crochet stitch tutorials here on the RPD blog! Read on down to explore these mostly EASY crochet tutorials and more!
This post contains affiliate links to products for your convenience. If you purchase via my links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Easy To Find Free Crochet Patterns
Once you start exploring the RPD crochet blog and it’s free crochet patterns you will soon realize that you will find many patterns to crochet for gifts such as this crochet baby blanket and many patterns to crochet for charity like these crochet blankets too! From crochet hotpads to crochet scarves there are so many free patterns for you explore then to crochet from the Rescued Paw Designs Blog! I can’t wait to see what you make.
Happy Crochet Pattern looking!
Explore the different crochet pattern categories below to Find FREE crochet projects that can make today!
Free Crochet Hat Patterns
If you love crocheting gifts then a hat is the perfect handmade crochet gift! Take a look at my post 4 Easy Crochet Hats for Beginners to try to find a crochet pattern that will be loved for years to come. Also, don’t forget to look at this messy bun hat crochet pattern which is a favorite here of readers!
Most of the free crochet hat patterns on the RPD blog are easy to read and have step by step tutorials to help even the newest of crocheters out. Not to mention these hat patterns use crochet stitches that are great for beginners!
The crochet puff hat with a faux fur pom is a great pattern to make if you love a little something extra added to your crochet pieces!
Crochet Headband & Ear Warmer Patterns
Most crochet earwarmers use a one or two stitch design and work up fast because they are only a few inches wide. Once on the most popular free crochet ear warmers on the RPD crochet blog is the chained earwarmer pattern.
This particularly easy pattern uses just ONE stitch! If you’d like to make this one or explore other beginner friendly headband patterns be sure to take a look at this list of favorite crochet headwear pieces for new crocheters!
The chained ear warmer above is just an example of the kind of headband patterns you can make with the FREE crochet patterns on the blog!
Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
Crochet blankets are one of the best crochet patterns to make because they are usually quick patterns and use simple stitches. Search from over 50 different & unique blanket patterns to find the perfect blanket for baby to crochet!
You will probably like this post about the best baby afghans to make as crochet gifts also! These throws will all make great handmade gifts and will most definitely be treasured for years to come.
Take a look at the FIVE crocheted baby blankets above to find your next baby shower crochet gift!
Crochet Hot Pads
If you are looking for an easier crochet pattern to start with then crochet dishcloths, washcloths and hotpads are the place to start! These can be given as housewarming gifts, birthday gifts and just because gifts too!
Hotpads are usually designed with beginners in mind and use basic crochet stitches such as the single crochet stitch or the half double crochet stitch. Most of these patterns can be worked up in less than 20 minutes and are great last minute presents to give.
The best ever potholder pattern as shown above is a great beginner project that uses simple and basic crochet stitches!
Crochet Shawls, Scarves and Wrap Patterns
Depending on the season crochet scarves can be made with different weights of yarn to accommodate the weather. For winter a bulky crochet scarf would be perfect to keep warm but meanwhile in the spring a lightweight 3 yarn would do the trick.
Crochet wrap patterns, prayer shawls and larger triangle wraps are perfect for every time of the year too! Some of the best crochet wraps are usually ones that use a beautifully draping yarn that almost looks delicate.
The Isle Wave Wrap is a perfect for transitional seasons such as spring & fall. The easy stitch repeat makes it a great wrap for beginners to crochet!
Beautiful Crochet Flowers
Crocheting flowers for blankets, hats and more is the perfect way to use up any extra yarn you may have left over. Crochet flowers are also great for beginners to work up and can be made in most any color, shape or size! I love adding crochet flowers to a crocheted stem too and giving as a faux crochet flower gift!
The blooming crochet flower pattern as shown above is a perfect example of a crocheted flower that would be great to add to any crochet project!
Crochet Stitch Patterns & Tutorials
With so many different crochet stitches to weed through it can be hard to find the perfect stitch for a project. From the beginner friendly single crochet to the more complicated spike stitch there is a stitch for everyone. Take a second to look at the video and photo tutorials of different stitches that the RPD blog has to offer.
Make sure to be prepared with the perfect yarn and crochet hooks
Over the years I’ve learned quite a bit about the various different types of yarn and crochet hooks that a person could use. I even wrote about my favorite and what I think are the best crochet hooks to use when crocheting.
When beginning there are many options for yarn brands to pick from. I like to suggest that a new crocheter use an inexpensive yarn that won’t be a major loss if that person decides crocheting isn’t for them. For beginners I would highly recommend Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand, Caron Simply Soft or Red Heart Super Savors. The last one is not my favorite but is a good yarn to start with.
Now that you are fully prepared with a big list of crochet pattern ideas and information let’s get started!
Even more free crochet patterns
If you are looking for even more crochet patterns then you can find blankets, throws, scarves and even some quick crochet headbands to work up on the RPD crochet archives! If you are like me you will always want to have a crochet pattern ready to work up whether it be on the go, in the car or on your couch! Grab your crochet hook and let’s get started on your next crochet project today.
If you’d like to stay up to date with free crochet pattern releases please subscribe to the RPD weekly crochet newsletter for crochet tips, FREE patterns and more! The form is down below! Thanks for subscribing!
Latest Easy Free Crochet Patterns
- Yarn Ombre Tank for Knitters & Crocheters
- Crochet Blanket Square Pattern
- Half Double Crochet Video
- Half Double Crochet Third Loop Tutorial
- Crochet Bath Mat
- 15 Crochet Mother’s Day Gifts
- Crochet Chevron Baby Blanket
- 7 Free Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Crochet Patterns
- The Best Crochet PotHolder Pattern
- Gift Tags for Handmade Items
- 7 Free Easter Crochet Patterns
- 5 Easy Blanket Patterns for Baby using Vanna’s Choice Yarn
- Yarn Pom Pom Wreath DIY
- How to Use a Clover Pom Pom Maker
- Easy Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- How to Make a Crochet Heart
- 5 Valentines Day Gifts that are perfect for Crocheters!
- Easy Crochet Hat Patterns for Beginners
- 5 Free Quick and Easy Crochet Scarf Patterns
- 7 Crochet Blankets that Use Bulky Yarn
- Crochet Washcloths – Great Last Minute Gifts
- Free Yarn Christmas Tree Printable
- Protected: Yarn Tree Coloring Page Printable
- Willow Chair Crochet Throw Blanket Pattern
- Crochet a Headband / Ear Warmer Pattern in Any Size
- Crochet Hat With Fur Pom Pom – Free Pattern
- Knitting & crochet gift ideas for Makers
- 5 Blanket Crochet Patterns using Vanna’s Choice Yarn
- 15 Simple Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Free Crochet Shawl Granny Pattern
- Softest Yarn For Crochet Blankets
- 7 Free Crochet Gift Ideas For Friends
- 3 Easy Blocking Crochet Techniques
- 5 Quick & Easy Crochet Patterns to Make
- Easy Chevron Pattern Crochet Blanket
- Super Simple Isle Wave Crochet Wrap Pattern
- Easy V-Stitch Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 7 Free Bobble Stitch Crochet Patterns
- 31 Unique Crochet Stitches for Blankets & Afghans
- 3 Simple Crochet Ear Warmers for Beginners
- 7 Pink Crochet Patterns to Make for Valentine’s Day!
- Crochet Bobble Pillow Cover Pattern
- 5 Crochet Patterns using Jeans Yarn
- 7 Free Crochet Hat Patterns
- 5 Basic Crochet Stitches for Beginners
- Olivia Free Crochet Top Pattern
- Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 9 Free Fall Crochet Patterns
- Luna Chevron Scarf Crochet Pattern
I hope you found this crochet pattern resource helpful and found a new pattern to start working on today!
Best of Luck and Happy Crocheting!