These easy yarn crochet bow ties are super FAST to make and would make the perfect embellishment for any crochet project you could think of! Scroll on down to learn how to crochet a bow tie! For my example, I used Charisma yarn from Michaels and a size N crochet hook, but you could make this with any size yarn or hook to get the same results! If you don’t have this yarn on hand and want to make it look the same any bulky 5 yarn would work great. I recommend Lion Brand Thick & Quick as a great subsitute. 🙂
These crochet bow ties would look great added to crochet hats, stuffed animals and many more projects!
Ready to get started?
Read on down to find the FREE crochet bow ties pattern!
EASY YARN CROCHET BOW TIES
- Yarn (any kind)
- Hook as stated on yarn package
- Yarn Needle
BOW TIE PATTERN
- STEP 1: Chain 8
- STEP 2: Single Crochet in the Second Chain from the Hook and into every Stitch Across, Then Chain 1 and turn
- STEP 3: Repeat STEP 2 for a total of 4 rows.
- STEP 4: Single crochet into the next 3stitches, on the 4th stitch gather all the chains with 1 single crochet over all rows.
- STEP 5: Finish with 1 Single Crochet in the next 3 Chains.
- STEP 6: Fasten off ends and Weave in Loose ends with Yarn needle. YOU ARE DONE!!
I know I’m an obsessed dog mom by making Penn wear this but doesn’t it make the perfect holiday bow ties for dogs! He will be ringing in the new year in style!
Happy Crochet Bow Tie Making! 🙂
PS: I am always pinning crochet projects on Pinterest so please come check me out by following me HERE! If you have any questions, feel free to email me or message me on Facebook. I am always willing to help in any way!