This long striped Summer crochet scarf is made with lightweight cotton yarns and is super breathable. I could definitely see myself wearing this on a cool summer evening while out and about.
Just because it’s hot out doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wear scarves! Plus, I always need to give myself a reason to crochet!! Even if you don’t want to make this for summer you could use some thicker yarn like Lion Brand WET&Q or Vanna’s Choice to make a warmer scarf for the colder seasons.
Ready to get started? Scroll on down to find the full, free pattern!
SUMMER CROCHET SCARF PATTERN
WHAT YOU WILL NEED..
- Size H 5.00 mm Crochet Hook
- 5 different colors of cotton yarn (4) I used Lily Sugar ‘N Cream.
- Yarn needle
- Make sure to leave 6 inches of yarn when starting and finishing colors to create the fringe at the end.
- Chain 200 with your choice of color
- Row 1: Double crochet in third chain from hook, and work a double crochet in every stitch across until the end of row, Leave a 6 inch piece of yarn when changing color, turn
- Repeat row 1 (10) More times, alternating colors along the way.
- Now you need to cut 22 12″ pieces of yarn in coordinating colors of your stripes in the scarf. Loop corresponding color into last double crochet at beginning & end of each row. Braid with the 6″ piece that was left before & tie off. Make sure to trim edges of braid so they are even.
You are FINISHED!!
Thanks for looking and if you want more inspiration you can follow me on Pinterest “HERE”,
If you have any questions about this pattern, please email me or leave a comment below.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE